A Hand to Hold | IN-HOME CARE

Contact Now

Reviews of A Hand to Hold | IN-HOME CARE

Barbara13 October 03, 2012

We had looked over quite a few agencies and we saw that LivHome was the most reasonably priced. We interviewed different caregivers from different agencies as well. We ended up choosing LivHome because of their reasonable price and also because we knew they would take good care of us.

My husband has early dementia. The disease is progressing unfortunately. The caregiver would bring him outside on the yard and they talk. She does a lot of light house work for us, laundry for my husband, and sometimes fixes us lunch. She's really a good friend to my husband. They tease each other constantly. We started with LivHome since 2010. All of the caregivers they sent were all excellent and Lenny helped me tremendously in dealing with the insurance company.

Thom1 September 27, 2012

When I was in the hospital and needed some help coming home and I had no idea how to find this sort of help. Actually it was someone at work who I knew whose wife had this sort of care and he's the one who told me about LivHome. I was still in the hospital when I initially contacted them and they got back to me right away. They talked to me several times when I was released from the hospital. I was in the hospital for a short period of time and in rehab for a fairly long period of time. They kept me in until I was able to go home.

They changed ownership while after I started with them. I've had one person who had been working with me continuously since the beginning. His name is Wallace. He's very very good. He continued when they changed the new ownership or the new management. He's been excellent all the way through. He's just outstanding. He does a lot of things to help me out in terms of the things I need to do to take care of myself. I had a stroke and I had a heart surgery and I also ended up having my leg amputated so I really needed a fair amount of home care. Also the stroke resulted for me to read hardly at all. The other person who works for me now her name is Rowena and she is extremely good also. For a long time I had a number of different people who were the second person for days when Wallace isn't here. There were some people who weren't fit for me and some of them are unreliable and some just didn't like one thing or another about the situation here. There were a variety of reasons and it took a long time to find the second caregiver whom started to work with me since January or February of this year. She's very good also and I'm really happy with the both of them. I really appreciate all the help that I get from them. I really wouldn't know what to do without their service.

Tracy1 September 26, 2012

I was looking to find someone to help with my grandmother. They're so many places out there and we really did not know where to go. It was a bit overwhelming because there are just so many questions. I had to start somewhere so I contacted 3 or 4 agencies. Out of the few that I called, there was a gentleman I spoke with, believe his name was Chris. I was impressed with he said and he sound really good. The prices were comparable. It's a little better than some other ones I called and I just felt like I should just give them a chance. It was a bit overwhelming with all the choices so I just went with LivHome. I felt comfortable with what he said and they assured me that they would send someone for me to meet and if we didn't like them, they could switch. I liked what Chris said and they turned out to be great. All the information he gave me it was really true and received the service really well.

When we first started their service last year around February they were coming 3 days a week and now they're coming 5 days a week. My grandmother now requires a little more care and she's happy with them and we are too. We were very very pleased with the caregivers. Then again initially we didn't know if the caregiver would be a match for my grandmother. She is not the easiest person in the world to deal with. A caregiver can do her job well but it does not necessarily mean that she's gonna be suited for conversation. My grandmother just wants a caregiver to sit there and talk to her or watch TV with her. It's like a little less action on the caregiver part but needs to be more personable. And we've been real happy with the caregivers. They've always been very professional. They always showed up when they're supposed to. There were a very few times where a caregiver had to take a vacation. They would send a reliever who is also good. They seemed to be doing a good job in picking people who are really good.

Jane13 September 26, 2012

I found LivHome through a support group that I attended where people who have love ones who have my husband's brain disease. One of the members of the support group spoke very highly of the caregiver that she had for her husband for 3 years. Her husband is moving to an Assisted Living facility and would no longer use the caregiver and the caregiver would be available. The fact that he had experience of working with the disease was the first reason I was interested. I interviewed several other agencies in the area too. The registered nurse that came and talked to us from LivHome just had the most dynamic personality. Her focus was on my husband, Walter. She asked him to come and sit with her so she could talk to him. Everyone else was focusing one me and promising me of everything they could offer. I felt that Livhome's approach was more personable. Walter liked her instantly. Then we met the caregiver.

Anything I had needed from LivHome in dealing with our long term care insurance, they have gone extra mile in going back into their records and pulling out information asked by our care insurance agency. I just feel that they're very responsive, personable and attentive. Other people I know that worked them speak very highly of them.

The caregiver is just absolutely wonderful. We have the caregiver come Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm and we're going to add another day, could be on a Saturday or Sunday.

From A Hand to Hold

A Hand to Hold is a professionally led private senior home care provider servicing a 14 county metro Atlanta area. All of our clients are overseen by a licensed Geriatric Care Manager, RN, BSN who develops and implements a customized care plan for each senior. A Hand to Hold is one of the largest professionally led home care providers in the country.

A Hand to Hold has a history of excellence in Atlanta and can provide referrals upon request. We provide a higher level of care than most. We have the most rigorous hiring practices in Georgia only selecting the most highly qualified applicants. All of our CNA's are employees who are offered full benefits and have a passion for service.

A Hand to Hold Caregivers trusted, experienced and caring

The Caregiver is the core of your family member's at-home care experience. That's why A Hand to Hold's Caregivers meet standards that are unmatched in our industry.

• We carefully pair every elderly client with the most suitable Caregiver.
  • We provide all our Caregivers with ongoing education and training through A Hand to Hold University.
  • A Care Manager supervises every A Hand to Hold Caregiver.
  • A Hand to Hold screens Caregivers scrupulously, conducting national background checks and drug testing.
  • A Hand to Hold is fully bonded and has workers compensation coverage

Caregivers provide the following assistance to seniors

• Bathing
  • Socialization
  • Light Housekeeping
  • Errands & Transportation
  • Medication Oversight

We provide hourly (4-hour min.), Live-in and 24/7 care, Our Geriatric Care Managers have years of experience services seniors in Atlanta. If you have any questions about our service, would like to meet in person to schedule a FREE assessment please reach out to us at (877) 640-9781

Thank you.

Caregiver Information

Caregiver Skills Include:

Ethics, Validation Therapy, Patient Transfers, Stress Management, Grief Issues, Family Communication, Transition Issues, Communicating with Dementia Patients

Caregivers employed, bonded and insured: Yes
Caregivers available 24 hours a day: Yes
Available to assisted living facility: Yes
RN on Staff: Yes

Features of A Hand to Hold

Rates

• Rate for hourly care: $20/hour
  • Rate for live-in care: $260/day

Agency Type

• Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)

• In-home health care

Travel

• Travel: Staff will travel 15-30 miles to provide care

Screening

• We interview every team member in person
  • We check references

Training

• Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training

Business Address