Preferred Care at Home of Alaska
Reviews of Preferred Care at Home of Alaska
Overview of Ratings
September 05, 2013
From Preferred Care at Home of Alaska
For almost 30 years, the husband-and-wife founders of Preferred Care at Home have been providing loving senior home care. They've proudly developed a reputation for offering quality elder care at affordable prices.
At Preferred Care at Home, we consider it a privilege to help our respected elders remain where they want to be home. Safeguarding their ability to stay independent, with dignity, sometimes only requires a minimal amount of in-home care.
It's our mission at Preferred Care at Home to alleviate that loneliness and bring joy and companionship. We do this by providing quality assistance wherever our clients need it"”in the home, assisted living community or nursing home. Our caregivers also travel with clients, providing transportation to the theater, doctor, church or coffee shop.
Companion care is available for one to 24 hours. It's an excellent choice for seniors who live alone or don't have a lot of family and friends nearby. It also works well for short-term respite care. The primary caregiver gets a much-needed break, and the senior loved has fun interacting with another caring person. And of course, companion care is included in our signature live-in service.
Preferred Care at Home's extensive companion-care services includes the following.
- Engaging in companionship and conversation
- Reminiscing about the past
- Discussing current and historical events
- Playing games and cards
- Renting and playing movies
- Maintaining a family scrapbook
- Encouraging participation with crafts
- Helping read
- Directing morning wake-up and evening tuck-in
- Helping select clothes
- Mailing letters and bills
- Monitoring eating patterns and diet
- Inspecting food expiration dates
- Maintaining a calendar
- Arranging appointments and providing reminders
- Planning visits, outings and trips
- Visiting neighbors and friends
- Encouraging interaction with loved ones
- Encouraging participation in and assisting with community activities
- Monitoring visitors
- Providing transportation to:
- Doctor appointments
- The pharmacy
- Social outings
- Lunch or dinner
- Plays and concerts
- Religious services
- Sporting events
- Club meetings