Home Care Assistance - Alamo, CA

Overview of Ratings

4.2

December 09, 2017

By Maitoon A_1

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because they are very responsive to my needs. Home Care Assistance listens to us and our needs, they are very accommodating to my mom. If there is a change to the schedule, they are accommodating to that also.

December 06, 2017

By Carmelita E_1

About Home Care Assistance I would say that you have to be ready to be confined to the home and some people don't take that very easily. I used to go out walking on my own and all that and now I have to rely on other people to take me out. Home Care Assistance has helped get me back and forth where I need to go, even to doctor's appointments. Otherwise I would have no way of getting out. So I appreciate that.

December 06, 2017

By Renee G_2

I appreciate the fact that Home Care Assistance was able to find a good match for us. It frees me to do other things that I cannot do because I cannot leave my wife alone.

November 16, 2017

By Mary L_2

I think they have trouble getting caregivers steadily. It would be better if I had the same person all the time. I'm grateful for Home Care Assistance because I'm having a tough time physically.

November 10, 2017

By Helen D

I would say that Home Care Assistance is nice, the administrators are great, and some of the workers are really good, but some are not so good at all. It kind of depends on the caregiver. Some are very very nice, sweet, helpful, and some are not nice at all.

October 20, 2017

By Heather O

I like the fact that the caregivers are on time, and I like the caregiver that comes and helps me. Her personality is pretty upbeat. I can't take a shower without help, so Home Care Assistance makes it a lot easier.

October 19, 2017

By Mary G_3

Home Care Assistance is very friendly and helpful. Home Care Assistance has really helped cheer up my mother.

October 12, 2017

By Anonymous_267

Home Care Assistance's caregivers are on time and personable. Home Care Assistance is comfortable to have in my home.

October 11, 2017

By Anonymous_266

Home Care Assistance is good, competent, and reliable. My movement is restricted and Home Care Assistance helps me with many things I can't do right now.

October 09, 2017

By Lilian M

Home Care Assistance has good service. I have been very pleased with all of the people that they have sent me. Home Care Assistance has made my life easier by showing up during the week when we need them in the morning.

September 25, 2017

By Varda G

Home Care Assistance is very expensive, and because Varda did 24 hour care, it costed her $25,000 per month. The care was invaluable, but they would not let my mother stay with the care unless she had 24 hour care. Home Care Assistance was in-house at the assisted living facility, and it was very handy and easy to work with because we did not have to take her home to care for her.

September 14, 2017

By Anonymous_381

I would tell a friend that Home Care Assistance is very cooperative and has good people working for them. Home Care Assistance makes my loved one's life easier by being there and helping him out.

September 11, 2017

By Norbert N

Home Care Assistance have very good workers, fit right into my household, and I'm very happy with them. Home Care Assistance makes my life easier by doing work in the house unexpectedly.

By Ron W

Home Care Assistance provides all of the services that we need, and the people we have had are well trained and have extremely extensive backgrounds in the care we need. We first had caregivers from Home Care Assistance in June and have only had them three or so times. Once we have a particular caregiver for two or three days, they are really tuned in and I can just let go. They don't have to be the hovering angel.

By Anonymous_382

Home Care Assistance was quite prompt when sending someone when we needed help. The only thing that was not so good was that the caregivers were not very consistent. The impact depends on the caregivers that they send to my house. Some of the caregivers are excellent.

By Harold P_2

We get good services from the people we've had from Home Care Assistance. My loved one gets the morning care he needs. It helps him get up and start his day.

By Gloria K

Home Care Assistance cares about me. They are efficient and I like their employees. I only have a caregiver once a week, and she does everything for me that I cannot do.

August 31, 2017

By Suzanne M_1

Home Care Assistance is professional and thorough, the communication is high, and they are responsive. The caregivers help with cooking, walking, transportation, and housekeeping.

August 23, 2017

By Tom B_1

Home Care Assistance were excellent, they were the third agency we tried and we were pleased. Home Care Assistance made life better because they sent nice wholesome people and the coordinator was amazing.

August 09, 2017

By Alice A. M

Home Care Assistance comes and does all the things that I need them to do. I don't drive anymore and the caregiver takes me wherever I want to go.

August 08, 2017

By Sarah D_2

I would recommend Home Care Assistance because they are professional and reliable. I work for myself and my wife has a regular 9-5 job, so having Home Care Assistance allows us to do our work and have peace of mind that my mother-in-law is being taken care of.

August 08, 2017

By Marian M

I have requested certain caregivers and Home Care Assistance has been really good at sending the ones I've requested. Some of the caregivers from Home Care Assistance don't really engage my mother in activities. She has Alzheimer's and I think that's an important aspect for her care.

July 31, 2017

By Barb M_3

Home Care Assistance is pretty good. Home Care Assistance has helped with things I can't do for my sister. It's been great!

July 20, 2017

By William "Rick" C

Home Care Assistance was perfect and professional. Home Care Assistance made life much easier by helping William with his medication.

July 12, 2017

By Anonymous_497

I have had to replace several different caregivers because they weren't taking proper care of my loved one. They caregivers weren't attentive to the client's health condition, so I had to take my loved one to get medical help. I had to actually train some of my loved one's caregivers because they didn't know how to turn on lights when they had to walk into the bathroom. One time, my loved one was sick, and so I asked the caregivers to do a couple of tasks to help them, and they waited several hours before they actually did them.

July 12, 2017

By Anonymous_498

I am very happy with what I have from Home Care Assistance. I have been lucky with my caregivers, but everyone is different. Home Care Assistance is the only way for me to survive.

July 11, 2017

By Joan H_4

It is very unlikely that I would recommend Home Care Assistance because the caregiver tends to fall asleep during her shifts. The presence of the caregiver allows me to rest.

June 20, 2017

By Masako G

Home Care Assistance sent us quality caregivers. The caregivers were very compassionate. The caregivers provided companionship and light house cleaning.

June 13, 2017

By Tula G

Home Care Assistance is the best possible service that you can get. I am able to function because the caregivers from Home Care Assistance came in and took over the care of my relatives for me.

June 12, 2017

By Robert G_6

I would tell my friends that the introduction with Home Care Assistance was superior, but there is a mix of good caregivers. The services help me with getting well from my hip surgery.

By Erma C

Home Care Assistance provides very good, well-trained caregivers. Home Care Assistance could be more responsive in scheduling people, and communicating about it.

By Mary Anne K

Home Care Assistance tries to help me as much as possible. They provide substitute caregivers when I or the other private caregiver can't come. The caregivers come not knowing the client well, but once they come, they improve.

By Joyce C_5

Home Care Assistance is reasonable. There are things that they do well, and there are things that I have concerns about. The things that I require are slightly unusual. I need somebody from time-to-time on a short notice, so the impact can be low. However, my needs are different than the normal.

June 08, 2017

By Elvera M

Home Care Assistance can be relied on to communicate with you on how the client is doing and to make sure the client is well taken care of. The services make my job a little easier because I can rely on Home Care Assistance to let me know about the client.

May 26, 2017

By Anonymous_589

Home Care Assistance is very thorough and timely, and the caregivers are all very sensitive and caring in their approach. The services were a big help because the caregivers were doing things that I was not capable of doing. It was also a comfort that I had someone here who could help look after the client in a caregiving mode of operation that I was not skilled enough to do.

May 11, 2017

By Janet D_3

I would tell someone that I was fortunate to have someone who is good. If I don't like my caregiver I can request someone else. It's good for me to have someone here when my husband is not here.

From Home Care Assistance - Alamo, CA

Home Care Assistance, North America's leading provider of in-home senior care, specializes in around the clock live-in care. Founded by a Certified Geriatric Care Manager and PhD Clinical Psychologist, Home Care Assistance rigorously screens and trains caregivers in its exclusive Balanced Care Method. This Method centers on lifestyle factors in the areas of nutrition, exercise and mental stimulation that contribute to a longer and healthier lifespan, making Home Care Assistance the only senior care solution with an emphasis on healthy longevity. Closely supervised by care managers, our bonded and insured caregivers must pass background and work authorization checks as well as our exclusive psychological screening. They provide companionship and activity, transportation, light housekeeping, meal preparation, help with bathing, dressing and hygiene, medication reminders, safety monitoring and more. We are available 24/7 for service at home, during hospital stays or even in a facility. No long-term service commitment required.

Home Care Assistance - Alamo, CA