VITAS Healthcare | Vienna, VA

1604 Spring Hill Drive, Suite 450, Vienna, VA, 22182

Contact Now

Reviews of VITAS Healthcare | Vienna, VA

Suzzen August 28, 2012

I have cared for both my parents for over six years. I had to use hospice for my mom. Vitas was called and from the beginning they were very condescending and did not "hear" me. They were so caught up in there policies and procedures that they forgot that I was exhausted, just moved my 87 year old mother with severe dementia 200 miles by car and was in need of kindness, understanding and guidance which was not offered. I used their services for one week and dropped them. They treated my mom like she just paperwork and I was even told by a nurse not to waste my life on her. I would never recommend This company because that's what they are, a corporation. Certainly not what I had expected.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From VITAS Healthcare

VITAS Healthcare®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.

We have a Nurse Practitioner as a key member of our staff team.

Our program provides Intensive Comfort Transition Care (24/7) specifically during the important period transition as patients come from a hospital to a private home or a nursing home - the care averages 3 days.

Services

Storykeepers (www.storykeeperusa.com)

We provide two ongoing support groups; we serve French and Spanish speaking attendees through the assistance of Spanish and French speaking social workers in the groups.

Beginning a: GQ Conversations (Gentlemen's Quarterly Conversations) For men of any age to be in conversation with one another; meetings spread out over a quarter.

Features of VITAS Healthcare