VITAS Healthcare Torrance

990 West 190th Street, Suite 550, Torrance, CA, 90502

Reviews of VITAS Healthcare | Torrance

September 06, 2013

By post2lulu

I am sorry to have to give a bad review of Vitas, but they really did a horrible job with my family prior to and at the time of my father's death. Their communication was horrible with the family, every time we called, it was someone different and it seemed like No one ever was up to date on the my father's condition or plan of care. Their people were not empathetic nor particularly talented. When they came for the first visit, they thought they were seeing a woman, and my father's name was Harry!. It went downhill from there. Missed appointments, broken promises, and it was as if once we signed up, we were invisible. Dad died alone in his room at an extended care facility. It was the exact opposite of the experience we were wishing for. Horribly disappointing. They give hospice a bad name.

December 12, 2010

By cellobasso

We are very thankful

Our Mom passed last May and I have not had the time to write here. But I would like to express my deep gratitude for what we received from Vitas, especially from a wonderful nurse named Polly. Her heart is beyond what you could hope for. Her spirituality and open mind helped us immensely to go through that difficult journey. It would not have been the same without her. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your great spirit, compassion and genuine generosity! Cécilia

Photos of VITAS Healthcare

Features of VITAS Healthcare

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Ownership Type: Proprietary Corporation
  • Date Certified: 03/16/2000

About VITAS Healthcare

VITAS Healthcare®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.

Services

Pet therapy and special veterans programs. We have two drop-in groups, one monthly and one weekly. Please call for dates and times. Additionally we offer 6 week groups as are scheduled and Saturday morning specialty workshops, for spouses, parents of adult children who have died. We sometimes offer support groups in Spanish.

VITAS Healthcare