Hospice of the Valley | Phoenix, AZ

340 E Coronado Rd, Phoenix, AZ, 85004

Reviews of Hospice of the Valley | Phoenix, AZ

Lovebird January 22, 2013

This company appears to be great but when they took care of my sister it was apparent they only care about making and saving money I can say this company has some great staff but it seems at every dealing we had with managment or office staff was a disaster there are so many people involved nobody knows who does what it seems when I called for a question about my sisters condition getting worse I got a supervisor and another supervisor called who had nothing to do with my previous call and then there was a nurse sent out when we didn't need one I just wanted a question answered there is so much managing it is a pain to deal with anyone except my nurse it seems like there is a mix up at every turn and what really made me sad was we had a great nurse who my sister was comfortable with and then they switched the nurses not once but 4times while on service for 6mnths when I called to ask why they said that its not the nurse that matters it's the care as a whole! I'm sick about it if my sister was comfortable with a nurse let her stay there is a relationship I feel is important when giving care at the end of life but they don't seem to care about that my sister was private and it was hard for her to open up and I understand if nurses are off or another one is available but switching not being stable with her nursing care was hard for her it was starting all over every time when we had a new nurse I wouldn't recommend this company it reminds me of a hospital care not hospice!

LeeAnn1 August 08, 2012

Lynn and the other nurses from Hospice of the Valley where so wonderful in caring for my Father for the month of April, 2012. He went fast once lung cancer was diagnosed. They arranged for everything to be set up in our home before he came home from the hospital. A bed, oxygen, drugs and everything to care for him from bed pads to gloves. I was so scared but they helped me every day with everything we needed. They helped me keep him free of pain and as comfortable as possible. I could not have cared for Dad at home without their help. They were so kind and loving to him and to me. Our nurse was there within minutes of his passing and handled everything when I was too distraught. It was so important for me to care for Dad at home because I am also caring for Mom with advanced Alzheimers. If he was in a hospital it would have been difficult to spend the time with him we needed to, helping him find comfort in letting go. He was a dedicated husband and father and worried about all of us. Being together for those last 3 weeks we were able to reassure him that he had set everything in place for us to do well and he could rest in peace. He slipped away the morning I told him about plans to take Mom to see my sister in California for a vacation. He smiled knowing I would take good care of her till the end. Thank you to those wonderful caring people at Hospice of the Valley.

aknudsen47 June 24, 2012

This facility has my utmost respect and admiration, they not only have outstanding knowledge of medicine but offer grief counseling for family members and also the patients in dealing with death. there accommodations were outstanding along with their bed side manor.What stood out to me the most and touched my heart is the staff cared so much about her as an individual, not just a dying cancer patient, the staff became especially close to my grandmother. I have never seen a medical worker care so much about a patient.I visited every day, they knew me by name and would greet me, and always asked me if i needed anything. My grandmother even stated before she left us, that she was overwhelmed with joy because she was initially scared to go to hospice of the valley..I will always continue to recommend this facility for anyone seeking nursing care.

Ellie Hartz-Cook June 21, 2012

My late husband was the primary client of Hospice of the Valley. They provided the equipment, medications, medical supervision, advice and kind support that made it possible for Jim to stay and be cared for in our home after the appearance of an aggressive lung cancer in November 2011. He had already suffered over a decade with COPD and had spent most of 2010-2011 in treatment for bladder cancer. Now I am their client, eligible for a year of bereavement support. I am not alone. There has been almost an epidemic of loss in our small community of Wickenburg, AZ. Hospice of the Valley is holding a monthly meeting for grief support. Also, they sponsored a special remembrance event which included a supportive speaker, a music program, and a novel ceremony in which little yellow cards bearing the names of our lost loved ones were attached to the strings of yellow balloons pre-filled with helium, a benediction was said, and a countdown called, at the end of which all the balloons were released and flew to the sky together. They hung there a long time, after which we were served coffee and cookies and sat around tables on which we had placed photos and a few memorabilia of those no longer with us. Hospice of the Valley has really made a difference at a hard time of life.

Linda M. April 24, 2012

Our doctor referred Hospice of the Valley to us. They come to our house about twice a week. They're all really nice and they're doing a great job. They also send a chaplain if you need one. A registered aid comes to give her a bath. Everyone is outstanding and really nice. It's like having your own family come over.

About Hospice of the Valley

Hospice of the Valley is a hospice care provider serving Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding area. Hospice of the Valley offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.