Sacred Journey Hospice

138 Peach Dr, Mcdonough, GA, 30253

Top nearby Hospice Services

Reviews of Sacred Journey Hospice

Roy's voice March 19, 2016

Hearing the news that a loved one is terminal is a devastating feeling. When it happened to me i felt lost. Sacred journey came into the picture it really lifted off our shoulders. Hospice provided teach and compassion. They helped us fulfill the wishes of my husband ,and for that im grateful . it is still difficult , but we are coping.

Hamilton Holt March 15, 2016

My 94 year old, father who was a WWII Veteran, received care from Sacred Journey Hospice prior to his death in 2014. The care and Chaplin Services provided by Sacred Journey Hospice, assisted our family in keeping my father at home. The aftercare provided guidance through the grief process for a year following my father's death. Our family benefited from verbal as well as written correspondences, A Memorial Service and a day long grief Camp for our 7 year old grandson, provided an opportunity for our family to bring closure. Thank you Sacred Journey Hospice and may God continue to Bless each of you who bring comfort through a difficult experience.

Dee Hicks March 06, 2016

Times of grief and sadness pull our hearts toward God as we look for comfort and relief. I would like to thank the staff at Sacred Journey Hospice, from the nurses to the social worker for the care that was provided to my husband during his time of illness .They were very professional and knowledgeable in caring for him .As he was going through his transitional stages I knew what to expect because they taught me the different stages of transition. Because of their teaching I was able to cope with my husband death. I would highly recommend Sacred Journey Hospice, to provide care for your love ones. Deloris J. Hicks

ArmyofOne March 05, 2016

Raymond Reid Jr. (March 4, 2016) My father was a patient at Sacred Journey Hospice for about a month. The majority of his care was given at home until he needed full time care. The entire staff there was wonderful to my father and family. They provided a level of care to my father like he was one of their family members. They kept us informed daily on his status, allowing my sister and I to visit and stay over night. During his stay they treated him with the upmost respect and care available. Displaying Love, comfort and concern throughout his stay. Over the next year, Sacred Journey Hospice offered counseling and prayer if needed. I received phone calls, letters, and inspirational cards which made this transition easier. I would gladly recommend Sacred Journey Hospice to anyone going through this transition period. Thanks again Sacred Journey Hospice.

songbirdjma March 03, 2016

I interviewed this provider

When you hear the word Hospice - you panic - because you don't know what it really is. My husband was referred to Sacred Journey Hospice by VA because of his terminal condition. They were angels sent to us by God to assist us in our every day lives to cope with his illness. They have given us any help we needed and always available to assist at any time. The nurses and nurses aides that come to us are all very caring and compassionate and concerned about his health and what can they do to make it better. Sacred Journey has been able to provide more than we could have ever imagined to make this transition easier. I would highly recommend Sacred Journey.

CInd's Surprise February 28, 2016

I took it upon myself to read the book, Being Mortal by Gawande, before my mother was at the end of her life. She told me what was important to her through an advance directive as she could not speak about this without being very emotional. I am thankful for that document, as it allows me to understand that she wants comfort at the end of her life, not trying to cure her from inevitable death. Sacred Journey is our partner on this journey. When the nurse came to her assisted living home to meet with all of us, mother was concerned that she was not actively dying- the nurse explained that if you meet the criteria because of your terminal disease, it's better to get to know your providers before you are on that final few weeks, so there is trust and understanding. We agreed, and mother was admitted. She needed extra care from a fall the next day, and her injury was handled swiftly and professionally, with a minimum of pain and fear. Sacred Journey staff has continued to walk with us every step of the way on this journey to the other side, and are compassionate. Going on service before the last month is such an advantage as the family understands more of the dying process and are is left with unresolved anger. Sacred Journey has made this a time of peace instead of struggle. Thank you all!

RuthStrickland February 28, 2016

Such a loving and amazing group of Angels! Thank you so much! Sacred Journey has been just that to my father and myself as his caregiver for 8 months. Like a weight lifted from my shoulders and a gift from God! Thank you For your support and loving hugs!

tr31 February 28, 2016

I am a past client of this provider. I cared for my father at home. He was admitted to Sacred Journey's care under the VA. because of his medical condition. As his primary care taker it was a challenge but with the help of Sacred Journey staff and nurses it made it easy for me to cope and maintain. It was like they were part of the family very professional. I would recommend their service to anyone that was in search of Hospice care.

Kim Barger February 27, 2016

My late husband was a patient of Sacred Journey for about 6 months, the majority of his care was given at home but on a few occasions he went into the unit for care. The entire staff was wonderful to us and both of our families that would visit him there. In November of 2014 we (I say we because I was allowed to stay with him) went into the unit and stayed until he passed away in December. We were treated with love, care and respect his entire stay. I still receive phone calls and letters from the staff there checking to see how I am doing. I am proud to call them my friends.

Ruby's Friend February 27, 2016

Other

I came to visit a friend who was in her final days. I only came 2 times as she was only there 3 days. Each time I was there I was greeted warmly, and asked how I was doing. My friend was shown respect and treated with tender care. I have nothing but good things to say!

nikkichelsey February 26, 2016

Other

My family member has been fortunate enough to be in the care of Sacred Journey for almost 2 years and still counting. I have had pleasurable encounters with several of their RN's, LPN's, CNA's, case managers, their Chaplan and several other staff members. Everyone has always been very caring, polite, courteous, and respectful. My family has never had an issue with Sacred Journey's Hospice care in general. I would 1,000% recommend Sacred Journey to anyone seeking great, hospice care for their loved one.

Jean'sDaughter February 12, 2016

Other

The treated my Mom like family during the last three days of her life. They supported me after passing and wer professionals and compassionate throughout the entire experience. Highly recommended them.

awesomecare February 01, 2016

Took great care of both Grandparents over last few years. Awesome caring staff!

BooHiss July 12, 2015

I cared for my Mother at home. She was admitted to Sacred Journey's care on the advice of her primary care doctor. While Mother remained in my home, Sacred Journey sent nurses weekly to check on her. Mother was never examined by a Sacred Journey doctor. As her daughter and responsible for her care, I found the Sacred Journey staff to be arrogant and condescending. They talked to me as if I were mentally deficient, which I am not. The nurses often contradicted each other when making recommendations for Mother's medications, etc. I believe this place is all about money and the patients are merely the means to get said money. I will avoid them like the plague should I ever need hospice services again and I advise you to do so also. Would rate them minus 5 stars if it were possible.

Waisted Journey !!! June 23, 2014

I interviewed this provider

Like Used Car Salesmen!!! The called me at 8 pm, talked for 22 min. --Oh yah, you can bring pets, family can spend the night, everything wonderful!! The "reserved" a bed for the next morning. I called at 8 am, ready to go- no one knew what the heck I was talking about. They SCREWED US UP. I have a fragile senior and they sold me on their place. Turned out they only take people in their last 4-5 days of life. They wasted my time, the owner called and was hardly concerned about her employee mis-representing. I think this company used telemarketers?? STEER CLEAR OF THEM. Minus five stars.

jgb258 August 16, 2011

Our family had a very bad experience with the management of this hospice. Long story short, they accepted a family member for care, changed their mind a couple days later, attempted to remove our family member from the facility because they said this person was too healthy. All of this without ever performing a proper medical examination by a physician. All medical care decisions were made by RNs who were not caring for my family member. It was a fiasco that wasted our time and tested our patience. If you can avoid them, please do. This all happened about a month before my family member passed away. Thank goodness for Christian Ministries Hospice in Griffin, Ga.

About Sacred Journey Hospice

Sacred Journey Hospice is a hospice care provider serving Mcdonough, GA and the surrounding area. Sacred Journey Hospice offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.

Features of Sacred Journey Hospice

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Ownership Type: Proprietary Corporation