VITAS Healthcare | Maitland, FL

2201 Lucien Way, Ste. 100, Maitland, FL, 32751

Contact Now

Reviews of VITAS Healthcare | Maitland, FL

Caring 9480 March 21, 2013

We hired caregivers from Vitas to take care of my father before he passed away. I wouldn't recommend Vitas because first, I'm still waiting for them to pay bills. Since they haven't paid their bills, the hospital where my father was in put a hold on my father's estate. Second, Vitas hired outside agencies to manage patients. As for the services, if the caregivers came from Vitas itself, the service was good. But if the caregivers were from those outside agencies, the service wasn't satisfactory.

Dear Caring9480,

My name is Jennifer Nygaard and I am the Senior General Manager of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Central Florida.

I am surprised to learn about the experience you described above and I would greatly appreciate if you would please give us the opportunity to speak with you to discuss and address your comments together. You can contact me directly at my direct line (407)691-4556 or at jennifer.nygaard@vitas.com.

VITAS is the nation's leading hospice provider since 1978, and we take pride in our commitment to excellence, our caring, compassionate, high-quality services, and our positive patient, and family satisfaction ratings, which have been the basis of our successful growth through referrals from physicians, health-care providers and the patients and families we serve.

Please give us the opportunity to speak with you and address your concerns so that you can get to know the real VITAS. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jennifer Nygaard

staffordshirestateside December 01, 2012

The caregivers were warm and competent. Response time when really needed was VERY poor. My mother suffered for four hours because nobody came though I had made the dire situation clear. They arrived AFTER she died. There's no excuse.

Sherrygulley July 01, 2012

Other

We are very pleased with the service provided by the facility and have no complaints regarding them. They have been really supportive and helped out in every which way possible. This has made our journey of taking care of my mom very easy. We would not be able to do this without the support and help of this agency.

AIDAROSALIA July 31, 2011

I interviewed this provider

I WANT TO EXPRESS TO YOU OUR MOST SINCERE APPRECIATION FOR THE EXCELLENT CARE YOU PROVIDED TO OUR MOTHER AIDA DURING THE MONTHS WICH SHE WAS UNDER YOUR CARE. WE HAVE OUR MOST SINCERE RECOGNITION TO THE VITAS PERSONNEL FOR THE LOVING CARE RENDERED TO MRS. NUNEZ. FROM THE PERSON WHO INSTALLED THE POSITION BED TO DR. AND NURSES, EVERYONE DID AN EXTRAORDINARY JOB. THANK YOU AGAIN AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL JOB YOU DO FOR THE PATIENTS WHO ARE TERMINALLY ILL. AIDA (MRS NUNEZ daughter )

kahunafla July 29, 2011

When the doctor recommended Hospice for my mom, I was very confused and emotional. Vitas helped me make rational and caring decisions about my mom's final days and the aftermath. They have a team of people in place including a nurse, doctor, social worker and chaplain, along with their many other dedicated and caring professionals. I was overwhelmed with feelings, and Vitas just stepped in and made it a LOT easier.

From VITAS Healthcare

VITAS Healthcare®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.

Services

• Pet Therapy
  • Veteran History Project
  • Veteran Volunteers
  • End of Life volunteers
  • On-going bereavement support groups and social support groups, including a Spanish language support group in Kissimmee
  • Special Bear Camp for young grievers