VITAS Healthcare | Maitland, FL

2201 Lucien Way, Ste. 100, Maitland, FL, 32751

Contact Now

Reviews of VITAS Healthcare | Maitland, FL

moses32 September 04, 2013

I contacted VITAS when the hospital told me we needed a hospice provider. They recommended VITAS. I couldn't be more unhappy with the service they provided. The first night my mother went home the nurse didn't show up for the second shift. VITAS contacted an agency to send out another nurse and she arrived five hours later. My brother had to call someone to come stay with my mother because he had to go to work. There was another lapse in coverage when another nurse didn't show up. One nurse said she cleaned my mother up and my sister had to do the cleaning because the nurse was sitting down reading a book and the smell indicated additional cleaning was necessary. Another nurse thought it was fitting to explain in detail the horrible death my mother was going to experience because it had happened to both her parents and she thought we needed to know. My sister and I were horrified and depressed the rest of the day. There were a couple of good nurses. One was from an agency and she sat right at my mother's bedside and watched her. She even ate her lunch sitting at the bed. The agency nurses were better than than VITAS employees. I was disappointed and annoyed the entire time VITAS cared for my mother which turned out to be five days. I would not recommend VITAS to anyone.

Windwalker May 07, 2013

I can not speak to the entire Company, but that said, I used Vitas team 191 in Sanford Florida for My Wife. After Her third major heart attack in April 2012 She was sent home from the hospital and told She had maybe 6 months left. With the best nurse and nurses aid coming in She made it a year less four days. I could call or text Our nurse 24 / 7 rather than a long wait for call back going thru office staff. The two Ladies were the most caring and loving folks I ever met. There was almost nothing They could not get done for Me. It allowed My Wife to stay with Me till the end at home. Why not 5 stars than, only because the office staff dropped the ball sometimes and did not get messages to nurses aid to not come for bathing next day etc. but it did not have a negative affect on the over all level of care My Wife received. The craziest part of the whole experience was the nurse promised the Wife that She would not pass on Her watch, and as it would be, the nurse was on two weeks vacation when the Wife passed. Could more have been done? I don't know, but all I needed was done with love by two wonderful Ladies. Thank You M. and C.

Caring 9480 March 21, 2013

We hired caregivers from Vitas to take care of my father before he passed away. I wouldn't recommend Vitas because first, I'm still waiting for them to pay bills. Since they haven't paid their bills, the hospital where my father was in put a hold on my father's estate. Second, Vitas hired outside agencies to manage patients. As for the services, if the caregivers came from Vitas itself, the service was good. But if the caregivers were from those outside agencies, the service wasn't satisfactory.

Dear Caring9480,

My name is Jennifer Nygaard and I am the Senior General Manager of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Central Florida.

I am surprised to learn about the experience you described above and I would greatly appreciate if you would please give us the opportunity to speak with you to discuss and address your comments together. You can contact me directly at my direct line (407)691-4556 or at jennifer.nygaard@vitas.com.

VITAS is the nation's leading hospice provider since 1978, and we take pride in our commitment to excellence, our caring, compassionate, high-quality services, and our positive patient, and family satisfaction ratings, which have been the basis of our successful growth through referrals from physicians, health-care providers and the patients and families we serve.

Please give us the opportunity to speak with you and address your concerns so that you can get to know the real VITAS. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jennifer Nygaard

staffordshirestateside December 01, 2012

The caregivers were warm and competent. Response time when really needed was VERY poor. My mother suffered for four hours because nobody came though I had made the dire situation clear. They arrived AFTER she died. There's no excuse.

Sherrygulley July 01, 2012

We are very pleased with the service provided by the facility and have no complaints regarding them. They have been really supportive and helped out in every which way possible. This has made our journey of taking care of my mom very easy. We would not be able to do this without the support and help of this agency.

AIDAROSALIA July 31, 2011

I interviewed this provider

I WANT TO EXPRESS TO YOU OUR MOST SINCERE APPRECIATION FOR THE EXCELLENT CARE YOU PROVIDED TO OUR MOTHER AIDA DURING THE MONTHS WICH SHE WAS UNDER YOUR CARE. WE HAVE OUR MOST SINCERE RECOGNITION TO THE VITAS PERSONNEL FOR THE LOVING CARE RENDERED TO MRS. NUNEZ. FROM THE PERSON WHO INSTALLED THE POSITION BED TO DR. AND NURSES, EVERYONE DID AN EXTRAORDINARY JOB. THANK YOU AGAIN AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL JOB YOU DO FOR THE PATIENTS WHO ARE TERMINALLY ILL. AIDA (MRS NUNEZ daughter )

kahunafla July 29, 2011

When the doctor recommended Hospice for my mom, I was very confused and emotional. Vitas helped me make rational and caring decisions about my mom's final days and the aftermath. They have a team of people in place including a nurse, doctor, social worker and chaplain, along with their many other dedicated and caring professionals. I was overwhelmed with feelings, and Vitas just stepped in and made it a LOT easier.

From VITAS Healthcare

VITAS Healthcare®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.

Services

• Pet Therapy
  • Veteran History Project
  • Veteran Volunteers
  • End of Life volunteers
  • On-going bereavement support groups and social support groups, including a Spanish language support group in Kissimmee
  • Special Bear Camp for young grievers