Beaumont Hospice

Top Nearby Hospice Services

Reviews of Beaumont Hospice

February 17, 2013

By Lisa76

My Mom was discharged from Beaumont hospital to their Hospice organization. We decided to give them a try mostly because we had never had experience with any of this before. We came home with 3 major issues - sleeplessness, constipation and bladder issues. By the time we switched to another Hospice agency (6 weeks later) only one of those issues had been remedied. Mind you this was after they originally placed a latex catheter into a woman who has an allergy to latex; this of course led to a HORRIBLE urnary tract infection, a clogging of the first silicon catheter that they put in because of the damage the latex caused to the inside of her bladder and urethra. When questioned about the incident they told me that we never told them she had a latex allergy at which point I pulled out her discharge papers from their hospital and showed them that the first item listed on her allergy list was latex. We are still struggling with sleep issues and no one can seem to get her constipation under control. We've had at least 4 different nurses come out that each had their own idea of what needed to be done, but they never seemed to talk to each other. They would stop using a med because it caused her so much abdominal cramping that she would lie there crying and then decide to add it back in in ever-increasing amounts when another 7-10 days had passed without her having a bowel movement. There were also issues with professionalism in multiple layers in the organization. I am sorry I took so long to change up her services and decided to rate Beaumont publicly so other families don't have to go through what we went through. I would NEVER recommend this agency.

September 30, 2012

By travelingrose

I was so disallusioned about Hospice Care after dealing with this hospice group. I was taking care of my brother who was dying of cancer and we used Beaumont Hospice because we thought what we read in the literature they left us sounded like what we needed. But they were a nightmare. There was misinformation among the staff. Service that was promised in the literature was not given. (found out they don't do what they say they will do) On call nurses were poorly trained and in some cases, didn't seem to care about they patient. There was just one overnight nurse to cover the entire three county area for the entire night. It was the worse experience for my brother and myself and I will never use hospice again because of them

July 11, 2011

By bajusbeach

They were excellent with my dad and us . Thanks for being swift to answer all questions , calls and get medicine to my father as well as all the home equipment we needed for my dad and the wonderful nurses that came . My dad passed in the way he would have wanted and the way we wanted .

October 21, 2009

By linda Thulin

Beaumont Hospice is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

My mother has been in Beaumont hospice about 4 weeks now, our care providers all have wings!!! Kim our aide is sooooooo professional, as is Tim our nurse and our social worker!!! We would be LOST without their guidance. Words can not express our gratitude! Linda.

Features of Beaumont Hospice

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Ownership Type: Voluntary Non Profit Private
  • Date Certified: 05/07/1996

About Beaumont Hospice

Hospice is a special way of caring for a family member with a terminal illness. Beaumont Hospice provides physical, psychological and spiritual care as well as comfort to those with life limiting illnesses. Patients and their family members can receive these services regardless of ability to pay. Hospice allows your loved one to live their final days at their home, nursing facility or retirement community.

Beaumont Hospice provides patients and families with care from a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, bereavement counselors, home-health aides, chaplains, therapists, and dedicated volunteers. The goal of Beaumont Hospice is not only to do everything possible to help when end-of-life care is needed, but also to help your family member live with the best quality of life possible. Beaumont Hospice is there to affirm your family member's dignity and integrity to the very last moment.

Beaumont Hospice offers the following services to patients with life limiting illness:

• Physician services