Good Shepherd Hospice | Lakeland, FL

115 S Missouri Avenue, Lakeland, FL, 33815

Reviews of Good Shepherd Hospice | Lakeland, FL

Weills January 08, 2012

My family has been totally left on it's own to figure all aspects of hospice out (I had to actually google morphine, respite care and all the other basics). The nurse managers were miserable and took it out on their aids. Presently my father has transitioned into the active dying phase and the on call nurse told me they are too busy to send a nurse. A friend had to tell me about the emergent morphine pack and had me call hospice back to get dr to give us a dose. They are on complete skeleton staff shut down on the weekends. When my dad was still able to ambulate and take a warm shower he was not taken into the shower for three days because the nurse manager 'forgot' to update his orders. There were two great aides and one superior on call nurse. Everyone else didn't want to hear from you...the annoyance was palpable over the phone. Several times, not just once, the secretary allegedly did not pass on messages regarding the social worker and request for a call back regarding a pharmacy order not delivered. I cannot tell you how this experience has totally clouded my view of hospice. Yesterday a friends dad died in another hospice care provider in Lakeland and, honest to god, I cried at the difference of their experience. I am actually a present client and I will never forget the lack of organization, compassion and professionalism these people displayed. It's a money making business, and don't think you don't feel it at every turn. When an aide is in your house a 'supervisor' actually calls them over a walkie talkie type device to ask them questions about other clients.

Grateful22 December 22, 2011

The absolute best nurses I've ever encountered ... Extremely competent, compassionate, and caring people!

About Good Shepherd Hospice

Good Shepherd Hospice is a hospice care provider serving Lakeland, FL and the surrounding area. Good Shepherd Hospice offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.