VITAS Healthcare | Dallas, TX

8585 N. Stemmons Fwy, Ste. 110, Dallas, TX, 75247

Contact Now

Reviews of VITAS Healthcare | Dallas, TX

Jkw0612 June 21, 2013

Not only did Vitas care for my wife's grandmother, they did it with dignity, respect and happiness. Everything from the nurses to the chaplain and social worker was phenomenal! To know that she was cared for and treated with the respect, love and dignity her and the family deserved is a very peaceful and happy feeling for us all. I know my wife, her family and I greatly appreciate the level of care and attention the team provided for her in her last days. If faced with another crises situation with a loved one who has a life limiting illness, trust in vitas and they will provide the help you and your family need.

Balcom_Family April 04, 2013

We only had VITAS for one week but in that short time everyone did a wonderful job of keeping us informed of my mother's condition and helping us to understand the stages she was going through as she neared death. Everyone was very respectful of mother as well as all the many family members and friends that came around to pay their last respects. I would recommend VITAS without hesitation to anyone needing hospice care.

mga March 10, 2013

I was responsible for my uncle's care for over 3 years until his death. VITAS of Dallas provided services for him for the last year and a half of his life. He had been served for the previous several months by another hospice provider, whom I was not pleased with. I found VITAS provided very good care. They were responsive to my uncle's needs, as well as mine. My uncle was in an assisted living facility, but VITAS provided extra care and supplies, as well as regular visits by a nurse, chaplain, and social worker. I could contact VITAS at any time if I had questions or concerns. I felt all the people from VITAS who came in contact with my uncle got to know him, genuinely cared about him, and wanted to help him in any way they could. The last few days of his life VITAS provided around the clock care to make sure he was not alone when he passed. Upon his passing a chaplain and social worker joined the caregiver at the facility and remained there until the funeral home arrived. This was immensely comforting to me. Based on my experience with them, I would not hesitate to recommend VITAS of Dallas to anyone seeking hospice care.

Concerned Daughter and Physical Therapist February 02, 2013

As of 5:30 last night, my family is a past client of Vitas. My mom has ALS and was referred to Vitas by her neurologist 3 weeks ago. We were greatly disappointed in the services my mom received. They were inefficient, fragmented, and inconsiderate as a whole. The intake nurse who seemed genuine provided the hope we needed at this trying time, however all the providers and the area manager proved to be incompetent in all areas. With exception of the respiratory therapist, all services fell extremely short of what was told to us. As a medical professional myself, I have never been so disappointed in the quality of service i observed by Vitas. I tried to contact someone in charge who possibly could assist with my concerns but only got routed to our "area manager" whom was argumentative and of no assistance. I would definitely like to speak to the director about my concerns....if I could get through to him/her. My mother's neurologist's social worker has been notified of the level (or lack thereof) of service and is questioning if she should continue to refer any of his ALS patients to Vitas.

Dear Concerned Daughter and Physical Therapist,

My name is Kevin Yarrow and I am the General Manager of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Dallas. I would greatly appreciate if you would please give us the opportunity to discuss the issues you posted about your mother's care.

You can reach me directly at (972) 448-6505 or at kevin.yarrow@vitas.com, so we can discuss your concerns. I will respond to you promptly.

VITAS is committed to providing the high quality care for which we are recognized as the nation's leading hospice provider. I look forward to learning more about your experience so we can identify any problems and address them as quickly as possible.

Importantly, you can be sure that your privacy in this regard will be respected.

Thank you.

Kevin Yarrow

Loretta Kibler November 18, 2012

Vitas Hospice from Greenville, TX served my husband, Gary Kibler, and our family for almost three months. From the moment they entered our home, we were impressed with their concern, medical expertise, and support for Gary and our entire family. Macey M., RN and case manager, was an angel of mercy and graciously and lovingly walked us through each step of the journey. Melissa Knight, David Overton and Rev. Michael Moore were so helpful and supportive ensuring our needs were met. God blessed us with Vitas Hospice and we will always be grateful for their loving care.

rubyc November 12, 2012

Thank you for your open and gentle care that you provided for my husband in his final days on earth. Your help was invaluable. Not only did you make the ease of dying easier for him, but for me as well. My husband was a pastor for over 40 years. You would think dying would be an easy process for him. This was not the case Vitas offered both spiritual and moral support to my family. I would like to thank all of your staff.

hrh November 10, 2012

The problems with this are too numerous to list. Insensitive, arrogant "caregivers". Slow to bring needed supplies and medications, argumentative at times while your loved one is dying. I could not believe the incompetence. There were of couple of employees who were extremely good and good to work with but overall the experience was terrible. Please seek another provider.

Hi Hrh,

My name is Kevin Yarrow and I am the General Manager of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Dallas. VITAS is the nation's leading hospice provider and we truly take pride in our commitment to excellence. I am very concerned about your experience written on this post. Since your remarks on this site are anonymous, please give us the opportunity to speak with you to address your comments.

As I mentioned, VITAS takes pride in its commitment to excellence. Our compassionate care and high-quality services have contributed to our growth and high patient/family satisfaction ratings. You are welcome to contact me directly at my direct line (972) 448-6505 or at kevin.yarrow@vitas.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kevin Yarrow

gatlmom September 21, 2012

I had an experience with Vitas that was not so positive. When they came to take care of my mom she was put on hospice by her neurologist for alzheimers. She was somewhat mobile. The informed me at the time that she barely met qualifications. She did fine under their care for a while but eventually developed a chest infection. She got one round of antibiotics and then was refused a second. She was so sick. I finally fired them and took her to the hospital she got another round of antibiotics and was much better returned home and went to home health. They also had refused antibiotics for a recurrent uti infection and two different urologists had put her on preventative. She is back on those now and doing well. When she went downhill so fast and I was concerned they told me that she cannot remain stable on hospice but must show decline. I just wish they had told me that in the first place.

Hi, my name is Kevin Yarrow and I am the General Manager of VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Dallas. I am surprised and concerned to learn about the experience you described on Caring.com and I would greatly appreciate if you would please give us the opportunity to speak with you to discuss and address your comments together. Your posting on this site is anonymous and my team couldn't find your information. You can contact me directly at my direct line (972) 448-6505 or at kevin.yarrow@vitas.com.

VITAS is the nation's leading hospice provider since 1978, and we take pride in our commitment to excellence, our caring, compassionate, high-quality services, and our greater than 95 percent patient, and family satisfaction ratings, which have been the basis of our successful growth through referrals from physicians, health-care providers and the patients and families we serve. Please give us the opportunity to speak with you and address your concerns so that you can get to know the real VITAS. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you. Kevin Yarrow

j.h. August 18, 2012

I am a nursing student and have done my service learning at Vitas several times. The staff was very friendly and eager to help me. I learned a lot from the nurses and my experiences there have touched me deeply! I was quite impressed with how clean the facility was and would love to go back and volunteer there!

From VITAS Healthcare

VITAS Healthcare®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.

Services