Hospice of Cumberland County, Inc. (Cumberland House)

30 E Adams St, Crossville, TN, 38555

Reviews of Hospice of Cumberland County, Inc. (Cumberland House)

derlingacn January 15, 2015

Cumberland House Admissions was only about the money. They could care less about my mother. They accepted her through admissions from UT Hospice and dropped her, stating that they had made a mistake, they didn't actually have a bed. Wherein UT Hospice had already transferred her paperwork to them, so they were unable to receive her back as a patient since she was out of their jurisdiction. This left her without any care for 3 days until she declined so fast, that I had to take her into the ER because her physical state had decreased so quickly. I took her in only to find out that on top of the Stage 4 Lung cancer, she was septic. My mother had to be put into Skilled Nursing Facilities because of the effect the Septis had on her. Cumberland House was again going to accept her at a later date from one of these Skilled Nursing Facilities via referral so she could be closer to me, her daughter. Admissions again had her set to transfer, so she could be closer to me, and since she did not have insurance they said they would do it for an extremely high amount a day, which my relative agreed to pay, they jacked up the amount by 3 times ($300+) a day, and did not accept her. Luckily the Skilled Nursing Facility had not already released her as their patient, or she would have been left without care again. Please note my mother was not able to be left alone, 52 years old, unable to feed herself, bathe herself, or care for her wounds. I would never refer this provider as they are heartless and will throw your relative to the curb because it's all about the money. I gave them one star because this computer would not allow me to give them 0.

Linda H G March 24, 2014

Our family will forever be grateful for the care that was given to my father and our family during a very hard time. From the minute we met with a rep to the minute my father was taken to the funeral home, we were cared for by an unbelievable staff. You comforted my mother during her time of transition of losing her husband of 58 years. Prayed, cried and laughed with all of our family. We could not have asked for a better surrounding during a very difficult time. Thank you all as you are angels on this earth.

Baffled in TN December 19, 2013

My father passed away on December 2nd. In lieu of flowers, due to the caring service of the nurses and social workers, we chose for donations to be sent to Hospice of Cumberland County. On December 9th, I called the Cumberland County office to inquire if donation acknowledgments could be sent to me via email. (I also had other questions in regards to how the donation system worked, and how soon the family would be notified of donations so that we could, in return, send out thank you acknowledgments of our own). I was told I needed to speak with Ken Taylor and placed on hold. After a lengthy hold, the receptionist came back on the line and told me that Mr. Taylor was on another call and that he would return my call promptly. I waited 4 days for a 'prompt' return phone call and never received one. Four days later, on the morning of December 13th, I contacted the Hospice office again, and again, I was placed on hold again and then told that Mr. Taylor was unavailable, and would return my call. I waited 5 hours and still- no return phone call from Mr. Taylor. Therefore, on the afternoon of December 13th, I made yet another attempt, and again, I got the same answer from the receptionist- "Mr. Taylor was on another call and would return my call." Today is December 18th and I have yet to receive a return phone call from Mr. Taylor, or anyone else from this organization. I have worked for non-profit organizations before and I can assure you, this is NOT the norm. I’m actually amazed. Our family has yet to receive even one donation acknowledgment and we know, for certain, that quite a few friends and family members have donated. I find Mr. Taylor's lack of common courtesy, not only unprofessional and ungrateful, but extremely inexcusable and utterly disrespectful, as well. My family and I will make certain to suggest to anyone experiencing the loss of loved one, NOT to choose this particular chapter of Hospice their donation of choice.

rebelchickcs July 30, 2012

I interviewed this provider

My dad was placed in the cumberland hospice house during the lasr few days of his life. It was a very calming and precious time that me nor my family will ever be able to forget. There will never be enough thanks given to the hospice house and staff. They made us feel like family and we were able to relax and feel as though we were at home. This allowed us to enjoy those last days with my dad while knowing he was also getting exceptional care. Thanks!!

About Hospice of Cumberland County, Inc. (Cumberland House)

Hospice of Cumberland County, Inc. (Cumberland House) is a hospice care provider serving Crossville, TN and the surrounding area. Hospice of Cumberland County, Inc. (Cumberland House) offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.