VITAS Healthcare | Boynton Beach, FL

1901 S Congress Avenue, Suite 420, Boynton Beach, FL, 33426

Contact Now

Reviews of VITAS Healthcare | Boynton Beach, FL

sandyshoes January 03, 2012

Vitas completely and utterly failed my husband and me.He didn't have cancer or months to live. Taken off dialysis, with CHF, he had a short time to live and they NEVER got their act together despite promising 24/7 attention. Sent "floaters", temps, kept promising to assess him but never did or sent an RN. Sent absolutely wrong medical equipment (Fleets enemas x8 for a man who had fecal incontinence!), phone rang 14 times when I called when he passed away with only me with him. Disinterested person who finally answered said if was Saturday night, and nobody there (they never got a team together), and sent a part-time social worker, who was good, but no hospice care at all for the 6 days he lingered at home before dying. Dreadfully incompetent and uncaring. The chaplain called after I sent a letter describing the events. He left a message on my phone to get in touch with him at any time for grief counseling. I called the next day - he had gone on vacation and would be back in two weeks. Typical of my whole experience with Vitas "Innovative Care".

Betty H August 02, 2011

I interviewed this provider

I love VITAS. VITAS was there for us when my mother passed away. I can not speak more highly for the nurses who went out of their way to help us during this stressfull time. I highly recommend VITAS when and if you need Hospice services.

From VITAS Healthcare

VITAS Healthcare®, the nation's leading hospice provider, delivers comprehensive care for patients facing life-limiting illness. Services include Intensive Comfort CareSM for acute symptom management; after-hours Telecare with immediate access to clinicians; specialized offerings for veterans and AL/LTC residents; educational in-services, grief/loss programs; outcome measurements and more. For more information, please visit us at VITAS.com or call 800.93.VITAS.

Services