Hospice By the Sea (Boca Care Center)

1531 W Palmetto Park Rd, Boca Raton, FL, 33427

Top nearby Hospice Services

Reviews of Hospice By the Sea (Boca Care Center)

Grateful Also! June 14, 2013

It's been a few years now since I received their assistance.We're just now coming out of the grief process. I want others to know that without the help of these people; I don't see how my husband & I would have made it through this painful process.Seek their help! Eventually it is what is best for everyone.These situations are so emotionally charged; that without some help , you may find it hard to keep yourself together.God Bless them & everyone who will travel this journey.You are not alone!!!

Elizabeth11 March 02, 2013

My friend - who is like a cousin to me, his mother is at Hospice now. After being in 2 different assisted living places, and repeatedly back and forth to hospitals, I am confident that this is the place she needs to be at until her time comes , which will be very soon. I have already been there a few times, and I am imporessed. Twice when i walked in unannounced a burse was in her room checking her, repositioning her and talking so sweet and soothing to her. It is clean, nice, the rooms are very nice, her wondows look out at trees and a patio, so she has a view for her last days. Mary doesnt really understand where she is, so we tell her " she is finally home" After what she had been through the last few years, I am confident that this will be her final home until her time comes. I am greatful to this place and I believe if anyone doesnt give them 5 stars, it is only because they have not dealt with the loss of thier loved one, and try to find blame for a natural thing about life - which is that we are all destined to go eventually . The people working at this hospice are wonderful caring people, and I know Mary is safe, loved, cared for and will be in peace for her final days . Thank you caregivers and medical professionals that work at this hospice location, for treating Mary like a human being for her final days with us .

South_Florida April 28, 2012

My loved one received in-house hospice, and for a non-profit in this field, their service was extremely disappointing. These are 3 examples of our experience with Hospice by the Sea. 1. No sense of urgency: We requested to speak to a spiritual advisor. Although they state to be available 24/7, the person told us they couldn't help us that day, asked us to set an appointment for 2 days later. By that time, my husband's health had deteriorated in such a way, that he couldn't talk to the pastor. 2. Poor Customer Service; more interested in billing procedures: We needed to transfer my loved one to another county in the state, to be closed to our relatives. They gave us contradicting information in how to handle this process, and delay it for so long, that it was too late to move him. 3. Lack of bedside manners: After my loved one passed, we were waiting for his parents to arrived. Meanwhile, the nurses were next to his body, chatting and laughing, and we have to call their attention to be more discreet. For them, it was just another day at the office. The one star is because couple of the nurses were competent, and showed some initiative in their work.. But those were the exception.

welovepolice June 13, 2011

Past client

The four stars are fro the staff and caring of the patients while they are there. I felt like they really cared about my mom and the whole family. The reason I didn't give 5 stars is because they put a limit in the time you have to grieve....Someone in my family really needed someone to talk to 16 months after death but we were denied. Well first we were told of course they would help but when I spoke to a counslor they said no. Everyone is different and was never told we only have a year to use the We are still very upset about this. It is the ONLY part we have a problem with. The staff and facilitie is wonderful, peaceful and conforting other wise.

mothecat May 29, 2011

Past client

The care and concern given by HBTS can not be put into words.

God bless these people who cared and comforted my dad the 2 weeks he was there before he died. Such sensitivity. My mom and I will never forget this.

Alan T April 20, 2011

Interviewed this provider

My fater passed away today. He was at hospice by the sea. I can not put into words how amazing everyone there is. Clare and Yvonne are two of the most COMPASIONATE, CARING, amazing ladies I have ever meet in my life. THANK GOD THEY WERE TAKING CARE OF MY DAD. He was comfortable and treated with love and dignity every moment. Weather it was 2:0 p.m.or 2:00 a.m. they were there to make him comfortable and happy. He had his dignity every moment he was there. My dad could not have been in better hands. If GOD would grant me one wish right now it would be that I could really find the words to say how special they ae. Ladies, my most profound thanks. I Love you both! wheni have had a chance to grieve I will write more. Thanks again to everyone you are all special. Alan T.

debrah block rkol August 05, 2009

My loved one stayed here

The hospice and the staff were wonderful. My mom was there for just over a week before dying from pancreatic cancer. The caregivers, nurses and administrators were wonderful. The facility was peaceful.

About Hospice By the Sea (Boca Care Center)

Hospice By the Sea (Boca Care Center) is a hospice care provider serving Boca Raton, FL and the surrounding area. Hospice By the Sea (Boca Care Center) offers care and emotional, social, and spiritual support for patients and their families in end-of-life scenarios. Contact the provider for more details on services and rates.