JourneyCare

3.7

May 14, 2016

By Ilene Diamond

Other

The worst possible agency you would ever have the misfortune of using!! Nurses....rude, lack compassion, not friendly! Their administration....doesn't care! Stay away! Company is no longer a hospice/palliative care service, it's a conglomeration and does not care at all who they hire, nor do they care about their clients/patients!!

March 06, 2016

By JustBad

I interviewed this provider

I can NOT recommend Journeycare for palliative care. I am the patient and after two attempts to obtain services I was denied a phone call or a letter stating why I was denied. The intake nurses did not properly communicate to me nor home health a true picture of eligibility. Health information was mishandled. Everyone you talk to has a different answer. Dealing with them made me more ill. Use someone else.

July 21, 2015

By msv

My husband went straight from Rush intensive care to Horizon Hospice in patient care located on the Rush Campus. EVERYONE was very helpful and very nice. 9 months after my husband's death, I called because I knew I needed grief counseling, and they got me in within 2 days. I continue to go to counseling for free but will definitely give a donation.

March 28, 2015

By Helen's daughter Jean

My mother recently spent 6 very long and emotional days in the care of JourneyCare and they could not have been more supportive to our family. There were so many people that asked "what can we do do help you?". The volunteers would come in and just sit and listen when we needed to speak. There were snacks and just the little things that helped us with this period in our lives. When my mother passed, they showed great respect and would highly recommend them to anyone.

March 10, 2015

By Aramis

I would like to thank Journey Care for their wonderful care of my mom. They treated mom as if she were their own family member. Loving, gentle, thoughtful. They not only took care of her medications and other physical needs, they asked about music preferences and often just sat holding her hand and playing classical music she loved. They are a wonderful service made up of competent staff. They also made sure to call or see us about updates or check with us to ask if we had any concerns or observations. Always pleasant, always caring both for mom and her family. Thank you again for being there.

February 16, 2015

By helpthesick

I would highly recommend NOT USING this organization. There are awful, just cannot get it together and just make excuse upon excuse! When the one you love is suffering and you are looking for help the last thing you need is someone who is cold and rude. DO NOT USE . . .

February 12, 2015

By DePaola

Contacting Journey was a call I had hoped I never had to make but in the end I am glad I did. My Mom was told she had less than 5 months and didn't last 2 weeks. When Journey came in they helped our family and my Mom leave with dignity. Loree and Jennifer were absolutely the most compassionate special people I have ever met. They took very good care of my Mom and they helped me and my family with the transition. I must also mention Lino who came after my Moms passing to help us prepare for her departure from her home... he was an angel. Thank you Journey you are special people who deserve to be recognized!! May God Bless you and families

December 21, 2014

By pegbeg7

Other

When Mom was discharged after 3 hospitalizations in 4 weeks their solution was rehab. Absolutely ridiculous. There was no rehabbing for her diagnosis. We decided to bring her home with 24/7 care. JourneyCare provided everything she/we needed. From nurses, social worker, massage therapy, spiritual care and helped the family prepare for what we knew was coming. We were able to provide everything she needed in her home, which is exactly what she wanted. She passed peaceful in her own home with her family around her. JourneyCare helped us provide her with services as to make this as painless as possible. We were prepared for every possibility. It was an incredible experience to be with her as she left. They are truly experts in this area and would recommend them to anyone who is facing this challenge.

December 02, 2014

I interviewed this provider

I was utterly impressed with Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter. My husband stayed there slightly less than 24 hours. At every level and encounter, I found human beings who were personable, respectful, and silent. There is a silent respect. The hospice experience is a whole lot cheaper than a nursing home. I have nothing but praise to say about the ambience, the environment, the beauty of the place, and the art on the walls. It is all very sensitively done. The building itself sits along a marsh which is the northernmost section of the Chicago River. They had a place where families could lounge where there was always coffee. They even had a little room where children could come in and read books. It is like a meditation center or a church atmosphere. There was a sense and aura of respect both in the architecture of the place, the inside, and the outside. There was only one entryway to the place. I had a remarkable experience.

July 09, 2014

By grabebr

I was very pleased with the care that my Dad received in his last 3 days at the facility and with the nursing care he received at home. The staff could not have been better and I know that my Dad's last days on earth were comfortable and peaceful. I highly recommend Journey Care.

May 12, 2014

By Curtis4

JourneyCare was very caring, and they made it much, much easier for my father-in-law and the family. I don't think we probably would have found any place any better. He was only there for a few days. They made it very comfortable for him. The staff was wonderful. It is a place that if my mother-in-law, in the future, needs anything, that's probably where we will go with her.

February 04, 2014

By Thank you,

Everyone was compassionate and extremely helpful before and after my grandmother's passing. This is why I recommend hospice to all who need this invaluable service. They are willing to help everyone as much or as little is humanly possible and accepted.

January 13, 2014

By TinaKazlauska

i was absolutely amazed by the level of care and compassion we received. They were so helpful and caring I could not have gotten through this with out them. They are angels on earth...my uncle did not suffer one moment once we brought in journey care. Our nurses were the best of the the best.

November 20, 2013

By Amore1

Hospice means -You the family do the work while Hospice provides care via phone. From the moment we signed with Journeycare we had issue after issue from the inpatient facility to lack of care at home especially in the last hours when we needed someone most. If anyone were to ask me about Journeycare , I would tell them to find family and friends to help them because that is what Journeycare feels you need most. Ever feel alone? I did . Thanks for the poor care my family member received . My rating isn't even 1 star but I had to give one star to submit ..really?

May 28, 2013

By lajpbj

Other

I had an appointment/interview with this facility for my husband and they never showed up at my home nor did they call to cancel or reschedule my husband's appointment/interview. I received a call from this facility several days after his scheduled appointment. I am looking for quality Hospice Care for my husband and if they can't keep the initial appointment/interview how can I trust this facility to care for my husband when he needs the most care he's ever needed in his life.

May 19, 2013

By Wife of patient

The team who provided care for my husband and support for myself and my family was wonderful. They returned calls promptly, provided meds and supplies as needed and provided the level of care that allowed us to keep him at home. I could not have done it without them.

June 21, 2012

By Suanne

Midwest Care Center offers a wide variety of services, as a client I have had tremendous help and support with grief counseling and palliative care for my elderly mother. The doctors, nurses, councelors, and social workers are very professional. I feel they have a personal touch that helps finds solutions to the everyday problems that have dealt with medicines and behavior.

November 30, 2011

By miso19

I interviewed this provider

HORRIBLE! From the first day of having them, it was one problem after another. I made complaint after complaint. I feel sorry for the people that can't fight back or have no knowledge of the medical aspects. DO NOT recommend at all. No one even bothered to contact us after the passing of our dear family member. Very sad!

November 20, 2011

By Dankupski

Patient was my wife Diane and we worked with the hospice folks for about six weeks in our home. The staff was careing and responsive to our needs during a difficult time for our family. I would recommend the staff and agency at any time.

July 29, 2011

By dianek1410

I interviewed this provider

When my aunt's health began to deteriorate, we contracted with Midwest Pallative & Hospice Services. Since she was already in a nursing facility, they didn't need to provide they same assistance as someone at home. They provided medicine and comfort care during her final days and someone was in constant touch with me, giving me updates. When my uncles health deteriorated, I call Midwest Pallative & Hospice Services again. They provided much of the same assistance, he was also in a nursing home. However, this time I received much less communication from staff and volunteers. The nusing staff his facility provided me with more information on their visits than they did.l

Features of JourneyCare

• Spanish

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/21/17)

• Ownership Type: Voluntary Non Profit Private
  • Date Certified: 03/01/1989

About JourneyCare

JourneyCare is the largest nonprofit provider of palliative, supportive and end-of-life care in Illinois, serving nearly 3,000 patients and families each day across 10 counties in the Chicago area and northern Illinois. Care and support are provided to patients of all ages, helping them to live fully, with dignity and without pain, on their own terms. JourneyCare is the combined organization of Horizon Hospice & Palliative Care, JourneyCare and Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter.

JourneyCare