Baycare Home Care | Tampa, FL

8020 WOODLAND CENTER BLVD, Tampa, FL, 33614

Reviews of Baycare Home Care | Tampa, FL

notjusjen August 24, 2014

The home health RN called to say she was on her way - she showed up 4 hours later. She did not have any doctor's orders with her, saying she forgot to print them out that morning. My husband gave her my hospital discharge papers. She then asked about changing my knee brace, uhhh I had a hip replacement! She then tried to take my blood pressure, her machine didn't work. Then, she wanted to change my surgery incision bandage. I told her it was a special covering that was not to be removed until my doctor's appointment. She said it was supposed to be a dry open bandage and she should take it off. I refused and told her absolutely not. My doctor told me specifically not to remove it until next visit. She then spent ONE HOUR on her computer trying to find my doctor's orders. She then told me she was going to order bandages to be delivered the next day. I asked her why? She told me to have just in case. I said absolutely not - do not order bandages. I then overheard her telling my husband that she was going to go ahead and have bandages delivered the next day and that because of my pain medication I was confused. I was not confused and her attitude was not only unprofessional but insulting. She then said she was going to come back in two days. I asked her for what reason, and told her no. Does she get commission on bandages? How is she competent to work with patients who are just home from the hospital? She almost dislocated my new hip, tried to remove an expensive surgical bandage, couldn't take my blood pressure, and attempted to order me a 2 week supply of bandages that I did not need. I am fortunate my husband was with me and I was lucid. I can only wonder what happens to patients who put all their trust in their home healthcare provider. If the unprofessional and unprepared RN they sent to my house is typical of their employees I would not put my trust, healthcare or life in the hands of a Baycare home care nurse.

Caring69786650 November 27, 2013

Baycare was the agency that my doctor calls to come in and see me. I have a therapist and a nurse. They are very good and very caring. I am comfortable with them.

Sonia2 June 15, 2013

I chose Baycare Home Care because I believe they were top ranking. They took very good care of him. They made him feel better. He got physical therapy that made sure that everything was going properly. They were very professional, friendly, and nice. The caregivers seemed to know what they're doing. For six weeks that we used them, their services were very good and efficient.

About Baycare Home Care

Baycare Home Care is a home health agency serving Tampa, FL and the surrounding area. Baycare Home Care offers around-the-clock medical and non-medical care in the home. Contact the agency for more details on services and rates.