Baycare Home Care | Tampa, FL

Top nearby Home Health Agencies

Reviews of Baycare Home Care | Tampa, FL

RCS1 February 17, 2016

Other

DONT USE THIS HOME HEALTH CARE AGENCY! 3 Things that this home health agency lacks, patient care communication and professionalism. This will be the 1st and last time I will EVER use this agency. I don't trust a company that sends out a nurse for wound care as per doctors orders and the nurse just takes blood pressure, yet notates no infection found, but arm sling or gauze never removed. When I called the agency and spoke to the supervisor to report what I saw and I was told that the nurse should have used different verbiage when notating the chart. I was told that the nurse looked at the arm without uncovering the area and determined due to no redness there was not infection.

Spiderman May 07, 2015

I interviewed this provider

We used them for 3 weeks and my wife got a serious stapf infection and i had to point it out now she has to get new sugury to remove the infection along with another lengthy hospital stay incompitent at best beware and do not use them

notjusjen August 24, 2014

The home health RN called to say she was on her way - she showed up 4 hours later. She did not have any doctor's orders with her, saying she forgot to print them out that morning. My husband gave her my hospital discharge papers. She then asked about changing my knee brace, uhhh I had a hip replacement! She then tried to take my blood pressure, her machine didn't work. Then, she wanted to change my surgery incision bandage. I told her it was a special covering that was not to be removed until my doctor's appointment. She said it was supposed to be a dry open bandage and she should take it off. I refused and told her absolutely not. My doctor told me specifically not to remove it until next visit. She then spent ONE HOUR on her computer trying to find my doctor's orders. She then told me she was going to order bandages to be delivered the next day. I asked her why? She told me to have just in case. I said absolutely not - do not order bandages. I then overheard her telling my husband that she was going to go ahead and have bandages delivered the next day and that because of my pain medication I was confused. I was not confused and her attitude was not only unprofessional but insulting. She then said she was going to come back in two days. I asked her for what reason, and told her no. Does she get commission on bandages? How is she competent to work with patients who are just home from the hospital? She almost dislocated my new hip, tried to remove an expensive surgical bandage, couldn't take my blood pressure, and attempted to order me a 2 week supply of bandages that I did not need. I am fortunate my husband was with me and I was lucid. I can only wonder what happens to patients who put all their trust in their home healthcare provider. If the unprofessional and unprepared RN they sent to my house is typical of their employees I would not put my trust, healthcare or life in the hands of a Baycare home care nurse.

Caring69786650 November 27, 2013

Baycare was the agency that my doctor calls to come in and see me. I have a therapist and a nurse. They are very good and very caring. I am comfortable with them.

Sonia2 June 15, 2013

I chose Baycare Home Care because I believe they were top ranking. They took very good care of him. They made him feel better. He got physical therapy that made sure that everything was going properly. They were very professional, friendly, and nice. The caregivers seemed to know what they're doing. For six weeks that we used them, their services were very good and efficient.

About Baycare Home Care

Baycare Home Care is a home health agency serving Tampa, FL and the surrounding area. Baycare Home Care offers around-the-clock medical and non-medical care in the home. Contact the agency for more details on services and rates.

Features of Baycare Home Care

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/11/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non-profit
  • Date Certified: 08/29/1989
  • Services offered: Nursing Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Medical Social, Home Health Aide

Quality of Service

• Timeliness of providing service
    91.3%
  • Taught patient or caregivers about their drugs
    98.4%
  • Checked patient's risk of falling
  • Checked patient for depression
  • Checked for flu vaccination
    62.9%
  • Checked for pneumonia shot
    56.2%
  • Provided diabetes specific care including getting doctors orders, giving foot care, and teatching patients about foot care
    100%
  • How often patients had less pain moving around
    72.4%
  • How often home health patients had to be admitted to the hospital
    15.4%
  • How often patients receiving home health care needed urgent, unplanned care in the ER without being admitted
    11.7%
  • How often home health patients, who have had a recent hospital stay, had to be re-admitted to the hospital
    Same As Expected
  • How often home health patients, who have had a recent hospital stay, received care in the hospital emergency room without being re-admitted to the hospital
    Same As Expected

Patient Improvement

• Walking or moving around
    70.9%
  • Getting in and out of bed
    68.1%