Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Girling Health Care San Antonio

Posted by Caring100897850 February 17, 2015

There is a local agency called Girling Care that is helping me out. My doctor selected one for me. I have been using this provider for the last three months. They are good, and they send me a professional physical therapist. There were several home care ladies that came, and they help me with the shower. They were very helpful. I have no problem with them. They were all professional, and they come in on time.

Posted by benjirox66 January 02, 2015
1.0

My grandmother is currently "receiving" personal, in home care from Girling and I say "receiving" in the most general term possible. She has been through several different providers within the last few months who have all showcased a severe lack of professionalism and general knowledge and common sense that spans an entire spectrum. Most of them have displayed a general indifference and disinterest toward the job entirely and seem much more interested in utilizing the time they're getting paid to provide care for my grandmother by talking on the phone, texting, and finding whatever excuse possible to leave early... that is when they even show up. Many of them call in regularly or just don't show up without any notice at all, leaving my grandmother without the care she needs. They are often unskilled and untrained in the areas they are said to be able to provide assistance and poorly complete simple tasks such as making coffee or breakfast. More disturbingly, they seem to have no desire whatsoever to learn how to better complete these tasks. Their approach is more of a "you get what you get" attitude, which I find completely unacceptable in this instance. I was recently present for the placement of a new provider and absolutely could not believe the hiring process! Rather than hiring the provider through their offices, they literally had her show up to my grandmother's house to fill out all of her paperwork and explain her job duties in my grandmother's home. The gentleman collected all of her personal information, SSN and all, right in front of my grandmother, me, and whoever else, without any level of discretion whatsoever. They clearly didn't perform any background checks on this girl prior to this, given that they didn't have her information until AFTER they invited her into my grandmother's home and used it as their hiring office. I find this to be the most poorly run and unprofessional agency I've ever encountered and I would NEVER recommend them to assist or take care of anyone's loved one.

Posted by epalm July 27, 2011

Girling was my mother's health care provider agency for many years. She is now in a nursing home, because her health issues became much more serious, and she now needs 24/7 care.

Girling health care providers took care of my mother very well, they knew her by her first name, and would always check to see if things were going well. They did a very professional job, and I am very happy to recommend them for others who are in need of Girling's services.

Other Options Nearby