1 Call Care Management, LLC

PO Box 510, Warwick, NY, 10990

Contact Now

Reviews of 1 Call Care Management, LLC

Arlene5 January 28, 2014

I decided to use Barbara because I find her very responsive. She coordinated all of the medical and other paper work for my father. She's very professional and goes above and beyond on things.

Bob84201050 January 28, 2014

Barbara definitely goes over and above what she has to do to help. She is wonderful in assisting and helping people with their elderly care. She is very, very dedicated and goes 110% above on everything. She's very helpful and very conscientious.

Theresa16 January 23, 2014

My experience with Barbara was excellent and outstanding! She handles any questions and any information for me. She's extremely professional. She's very excellent at hands on materials. I don't know what I would have done without her. She was referred to me by the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Elyse H October 14, 2013

When I realized that my mother was going down hill at her residence, I contacted Barbara and an attorney. A year later what I had anticipated happened. Barbara is there to help me navigate through the processes, the paperwork, the placement, the medical stuff and my own anxiety. I don't have family to help - I have Barbara at 1 Call Care Management and I don't know what I would do without her help. If you have any questions or concerns with managing this situation - call and find out. She will have the answers.

Theresa12 October 12, 2013

My experience with Barbara was the best ever! She was wonderful. She really greatly helped me. Out of 15 issues I had, she was able to resolve all of them. She helped me every way possible.

Bridget5 October 12, 2013

Barbara is awesome. My mother was a little hesitant to work with her and Barbara was very understanding with that. She's very respectful of my mother's wishes. She's very knowlegeable. We are having a very good experience with 1 Call Care Management.

Caring5689 April 30, 2013

Barbara was recommened to me by a nursing home facility where my mom was in. She helped me a lot when I was trying to move my mom to a different state. She's very professional and got all the things done.

Marci2 February 28, 2013

Barbara has been fabulous. She's absolute godsend. She came in and was able to provide an unbiased opinion of the care and the approach that we need for taking care of my father. As a medical professional, she was also able to provide us with a professional nurse opinion, which we definitely needed because we had so many competing opinions from different doctors and different family members. All the information we collected helped us create a game plan on how to proceed in getting the care that my father needed. She was able to get all the complicated feelings that we were going to have with insurance and Medicare.

Larry9 November 29, 2012

When my mother had gotten a tough diagnosis, we asked the attorney if he knew who could basically help us like a help care liaison or someone who could navigate everything that was going on between doctors and all the stuff we're gonna have to deal with. Barbara was someone who worked with him in the past and so he recommended her to us.

We really needed someone like Barbara because we're 4 sons of my mom but none of us lives geographically close to where she was living at that time. In addition, because there's 4 of us and we're all very worried about my mom, we were constantly bothering doctors. The doctors were getting sick of having to tell 4 different people the same story every time when anything changed or anything came up. We just needed someone also there to kind of keep and eye on things and be an advocate for mom given that none of us could quite be there all the time.

I was the one who initially got in touch with Barbara and I met with her when I was back there visiting my mom. We brought her in to meet with my mom. My mom seemed to like her and so we went from there. She was very very helpful to us. It turned out to be a shorter process than anticipated. We started working with Barbara around mid to late October and my mom passed away in late December.

Doug4 November 29, 2012

My father was taken to a hospital because he had fallen. I was kind of the end of my rope and I didn't know what to do to speed things along. One of the nurses in there who was a case worker, suggested Barbara and so I gave it a try. It's the best thing that I ever did.

My father was a school teacher and he had insurance from that. That part was ok but he needed 24/7 care. We needed to get him to a nursing home. The problem is I have one sibling who's local. I have one in Long Island, another one in Massachusetts and my biological brother who is in Denver. So everything pretty much falls on me and I'm trying to run a construction business. For the last 3 or 4 months I was always getting calls like 2 o'clock in the morning that he had fallen. I had to ran over there and get him back to bed again. During the day, he needed to go to the bathroom and he couldn't do it by himself. Barbara is like a family member. She really helped me a lot.

I think they're absolutely fantastic. Things would not have come to a happy ending like they did without them. They got me in to proceed the medicaid office in 2 days rather than 6 weeks. Barbara went around and talked to the local nursing homes and there was gonna be an opening. It just made my life so much easier. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Caring3295 November 07, 2012

It was a very good experience with 1 Call Care Management. I did a Google research and found out that they're close to where I live. So I went and got information about them, called them, and we hit it off from there. They're helping out my mother and father right now with some issues with medicaid and medicare. It's really good the way that Barbara is helping us.

lusi October 09, 2012

5 Stars is not enough! If I could give them 10 Stars I would! Barbara has angel wings and has opened so many doors for me and my brother. She came into our lives when my brother was in a horrible state. She talked to him, listened to him and he opened up to her because she has such a wonderful personality. She even talked to me about my situation and helped me with my problems too. EVERYONE in their life time should meet someone like Barbara. Thank you so much.

Bruce4 September 07, 2012

I had reached out to Barbara in order to guide me through a very complex process of changing my mother's AARP Supplement Medicare Program from a Managed Medicare Program to an Open Universal Medicare Program. I had problems doing it by myself then. The paperwork was very complex. Barbara had made all the contact. She really resolves my problems for me in a professional expedited manner. She contacted AARP, she contacted Social Security, she contacted Medicaid in addition she helped me complete all the forms required in order to transfer from Managed Medicaid to a Universal Medicaid. She exceeded my expectations and i had recommended her to other families in need.

Terri8 September 07, 2012

We're very pleased with Barbara's service. She's a big help. She was recommended by our attorney. She got my father into a nursing home that would not have accepted him had it not been for her work. He was declined because he has Alzheimer's and he has some physical aggression. Barbara made it possible to get my father into a nursing home which is closer to his home before he died.

What she did was she spoke with the manager of the nursing home where he was at. He had been declined to be transferred. She went got a more detailed report of the case. She then went to the nursing where we were trying to get him in and spoke with them. Again she was a big help and she helped alleviate our anxiety at the very difficult time.

Joan6 September 07, 2012

Barbara is the most wonderful person you would ever want to meet. She has been so helpful to me that I would recommend her to anybody. You can't even imagine what Barbara has done for me. I am so grateful to her. We were having a problem when my husband was in a nursing home. We had a problem getting him discharged because they felt one thing and we felt another thing. Barbara put everything on the table with the county and the nursing home. It's been just marvelous. I would have never ever have done it without Barbara. Her service had been fantastic and way above average. I found no fault in anything that she did. Everything she did, she consulted with me. There has been no any guess work or whatsoever. I never once had to think. She did it for me.

I so glad I found her. One of the women I know who's husband is in Valley View went to some sort of a fair in Goshen. She met with Barbara and she told me about her. I called Barbara immediately and she came through. I'm not being melodramatic but she really helped me when I felt I was up against the wall and I couldn't get over it. She took my problems away from me and made it hers and she satisfied everything. In the end, everything came up to what we had hoped.

Cathy9 September 07, 2012

1 Call Care is a local company and I felt that they will be able to address our needs. They did an amazing job. It was very confusing process for us, the medicaid for my mom. The answers that they provided really helped me and directed me to the right path. There are things that you don't know as a person and that you need a professional and that's what Barbara provided me. She provided me feedback and pointed me in the right direction. All of the contacts she gave me were wonderful. The agencies that she provided me were wonderful.

From 1 Call Care Management, LLC

After years of caring for her ailing grandmother and catastrophically injured father-in-law, 1 Call founder, Barbara Wilhelmy, R.N., B.S.N, C.C.M, was inspired to launch 1 Call Care Management as a resource for other, if less-informed, family caregivers.

Her company now provides services to families throughout the Hudson Valley, New Jersey, and New York City.

Barbara brings 25 years of professional nursing experience to the company. Her passion for disabled and older adults' quality of life issues developed during the 19 years she worked as a case manager in diverse settings including a national insurance company, a long-term care facility, and a regional medical center. Most recently she was employed as the Director of Case Management Services for a regional disability company. Because the American medical system is actually a disconnected collection of medical businesses, elderly and disabled populations are routinely put at unnecessary risk. With patients often facing complex, interrelated medical issues and seeing multiple providers, these businesses rarely coordinate their efforts to provide the very best quality of care for their patients.

1 Call Care Management acts as the portal through which all of a patient's medical issues and social needs pass. Rather than viewing a patient's situation as independent pieces, 1 Call's nationally certified case managers -registered nurses and licensed social workers - employ a concept known as patient-centered care. Using this model, case managers evaluate the patient's "whole picture," create a comprehensive plan to address interrelated problems, and coordinate services to ensure the best possible outcome and quality of life.

Our services are tailored to meet your precise needs; they range from ad hoc consultation services all the way to comprehensive, intensive case management. As a testament to our professionalism, credibility, and overall effectiveness at improving clients' quality of life, 1 Call Care Management is the exclusive case management consultant for the MS Society of America in Orange and Sullivan Counties in New York. We provide a vast array of services covering all aspects of senior and disabled adults' well-being. To provide an all-inclusive list would be impracticable. However, some of our more popular services include:

Crisis Intervention

Often, this is the time when families first realize the benefit of care management. When a loved one is in dire circumstances and families are exhausted, they often turn to care managers to take over the situation, alleviate stress, and bring calm to an otherwise chaotic state of affairs.

Comprehensive patient assessments

The assessment is the foundation of care management and provides a roadmap for the care plan which can be implemented by the patient's family or a 1 Call care manager.

Patient Advocacy --ask doctors tough questions and fight for the best care

Our foremost responsibility is to advocate in the best interest of the patient while balancing the needs of their family. One of the primary means to advocate is to communicate regularly with physicians and primary medical providers who have the greatest influence over patient's quality of life. This "communication" often takes the form of expert oversight meant to hold providers accountable for the care they prescribe and offers quality assurance to patients and concerned family members alike.

Ongoing management and oversight of care

Some patients may only require an assessment which provides a roadmap for future care. Others may need ongoing care management. Some may choose to use a care manager a few hours a month while others will do so for specific services or more complex issues only. Many caregivers request that care managers coordinate all of the patient's medical and social needs to alleviate the overwhelming stress so common among caregivers.

"Age in place" solutions

"Age in place" has become a prominent phrase as baby boomers age and long-term assisted living housing is at a premium. Age in place simply means finding a way for older adults to stay at home rather than moving to a long-term care facility. Sometimes there is no alternative. However, our care managers are well versed in technology, home modification, home care, and durable medical equipment solutions that often offer a viable option to seniors who prefer to age in place.

Care transition coordination

This is an important topic receiving increased attention in the healthcare community and media alike. A transition of care takes place when a patient moves between care settings, such as when a patient leaves the hospital and returns home or goes to a rehabilitation facility. Care transitions also occur when a patient's condition or situation changes. Lack of coordination during care transitions is, unfortunately, quite frequent and can be disastrous for everyone involved. Medication errors and a failure to transfer important information and are two of the most frequently cited problems occuring during care transitions.

Long-term care and housing planning

Where will your older family member reside as they age? This is one of the most common dilemmas faced by caregivers yet is rarely planned for. Our care managers will help devise a strategy to ensure that all facets of aging are carefully planned to maximize asset preservation, legal protection, and overall health - issues that are of particular concern when older persons require care in assisted living facilities. When assisted care is needed, either for rehabilitation or long term care, we can obviate common missteps taken by well-intentioned family members and maximize the chances of admission to a preferred facility.

Medicare and Medicaid consultation

The byzantine rules of Medicare and Medicaid are daunting. We can help provide clarity regarding coverage and eligibility issues and handle providers who themselves are often ill-informed on the subjects as well.

Schedule and accompany patients to appointments and accurately relay information

Though our scheduling service is most often used by families living at a distance from their aging loved ones, local caregivers see the same benefit from the presence of a 1 Call care manager at patients' medical appointments. Our care managers' medical expertise, professionalism, and overall healthcare acumen tend to garner more thorough and thoughtful answers from medical providers. Our care managers are then able to succinctly convey that information to concerned family members.

Locate and coordinate community resources

Many families contact 1 Call when they're at a loss as to the best course of action to take for an ill or injured senior adult. One of the primary functions 1 Call serves is to ensure the patient's best care while engaging community resources to alleviate caregiver stress and financial burden. These resources may include government, non-profit and private programs. We often find that our fees are offset by the community and entitlement benefits we find for a patient.

Coordinate services with other members of the health care team

Research shows that patients who receive treatment under a coordinated care system such as the patient-centered care model utilized by our care managers experience better outcomes across the full spectrum of aging issues. A few examples: Emergency room visits and hospital admissions reduced by at least 50% among high-risk elderly patients; The reduced functionality usually associated with hospital discharges of the elderly is mitigated; Agitation in Alzheimer's patients is reduced with a correlated reduction in caregiver stress.

Source: US Dept. of Health and Human Services. Patient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-Based Handbook for Nurses.

End of life counseling and hospice planning

Our care manager's role as an advocate for older persons engenders a unique relationship between care manager and patient - a role that is generally well regarded by patients who seek to discuss end of life issues with a trusted companion outside the family circle. Care managers are uniquely positioned to have frank conversations with dying patients and are able to facilitate the difficult decisions that must be made jointly by patients and families.

Regional network of financial experts

The fact that many older adults fail to plan for their eventual declining health can be catastrophic to family assets. Our comprehensive assessment includes an evaluation of a patient's legal and financial preparedness respective to their current medical condition. When appropriate, we are able to provide referrals to our regional network of attorneys who can advise clients on options to preserve assets and obviate legal disputes.

Liaison service for families at a distance or otherwise unavailable

Families living at a distance or otherwise unavailable are even more susceptible to communication problems with medical providers and often feel "out of the loop." 1 Call care managers bridge that gap by communicating with providers, scheduling and accompanying patients to appointments, and relaying information to family members.

Coordination and supervision of in-home care and companion services

When home care is required for elderly or disabled persons, we are happy to refer families to trusted providers. Regardless of the referral source, however, home caregivers are entrusted to work otherwise unsupervised in patient's homes. 1 Call care managers can provide you peace of mind by regularly conducting unannounced visits to ensure quality of care and hold caregivers accountable to a third party.

Home safety evaluations

Living independently is often the most important factor to older adults as they age. As older adults age, family members are often concerned for the safety of their loved ones at home. Safety evaluations can provide objective

Mediate family disagreements regarding care options

Caring for aging loved ones creates inordinate stress on family members. 1 Call care managers can provide objective, expert opinions on care options which are often cited as a means to mediate disagreements among family caregivers.

Quality assurance monitoring at acute and long-term care facilities

Without a medical background or sufficient time to regularly evaluate the care a loved one is receiving at a long term care facility, family members may find comfort in receiving objective care evaluations from 1 Call care managers. Such evaluations can be routine or on an as needed basis to address particular concerns.

National referral network

No matter where you're located, we're happy to answer questions and refer you to a trusted NAPGCM affiliate anywhere in the country.

Areas of Practice

Assessment, Placement, Education, Referrals, Care Management, Family/Professional Liaison, Homecare Services

Licenses & Certifications