am privileged to be able to write this “review” of Sherrill of Integrity Care Managing. While I live in Massachusetts, my 85 year-old mother lives in Oxnard, California, and had been living alone in her house with no family in the State. I was becoming more and concerned about this circumstance and was told about Geriatric Care Managers. I was fortunate to find Sherrill and get her on board as my mom’s Geriatric Care Manager. She has been working with us for about a year and a half, and she has been a God-send in so many ways, not just to my mom, but to me as well. Last July, 2013, my mom fell in her home and broke her leg, which meant surgery and rehab for three and a half months. Before and during my mom’s rehabilitation, Sherill provided a wealth of services, some of which were:
· Finding caregivers to drive my mother to the store and do light cleaning in her house as well as care of her two cats while in the hospital and rehab facility;
· Sherrill responded on the night of my mother’s fall and spent five hours until 2:00 a.m. at the hospital with my mom and acted as her liaison with physicians and my mom’s medical team as well as coordinating pet care and pet emergencies.
· While my mom was in rehab, Sherrill was exceptional in terms of coordinating better care for her, attending care planning meetings, periodically attending physical therapy session to observe my mother’s progress.
· Sherrill assisted me by recommending potential assisted living facilities in the area as she is very familiar with local facilities, their staffs, pros and cons, etc.
· Sherrill accompanied my mom to doctor visits in order to be “an extra set of eyes and ears” and to be able to immediately report back to me with reports and updates.
In addition to these services, Sherrill provides what may be even more than or at least as important as all of the above – she is an empathic and compassionate woman. She has spent many hours checking in on and consoling my mom and me during a time that has been sometimes unbearably stressful. Her kindness and her genuine caring have given me peace of mind and helped me to reduce my stress level. Sherrill goes above and beyond, and I highly recommend her, without any hesitation at all.