Thank you for the wonderful review. It has been my pleasure being a part of your dad's team.
Reviews of Senior Care Management Solutions, LLC | Geriatric Care Manager
February 05, 2015
I am a past client of this provider
Photos of Senior Care Management Solutions, LLC
About Senior Care Management Solutions, LLC
Senior Care Management Solutions (SCMS) mission is to provide high-quality specialized senior services throughout the continuum of care, to encourage safe aging in place and provide peace of mind to loved one. SCMS provides Aging Life Care Expertise/Geriatric Care Management, which is a process of assessment, care planning, monitoring, support and advocacy for an aging person who is struggling to have all care needs met.
The services provided are tailored to meet the specific needs of the client and their family. After a thorough assessment, the Aging Life Care Expert/Geriatric Care Manager reviews the care plan and recommendations with the client and family to ensure the plan entails the desires and goals of the client and family. Family members that live out of state or have busy lives find ease in knowing that care needs are being met and that the care manager is also available for support, education and communication for themselves.
SCMS provides a wide array of services; however the following are the most commonly used services:
- Thorough assessment with the development of a care plan. The care plan is a map of what services are needed and how the client's quality of life may improve. Some families choose to engage a care manager for the assessment and care plan, which they use to provide needed care.
- Transportation to and from physician appointments with advocacy during the appointment. The care manager's extensive knowledge allows communication with the physician in a manner that maximizes each visit and ensures the client is getting what is needed. Updates on appointments are provided to family members.
- Medication management. Our care managers are also Registered Nurses and are able to fill medicine boxes, monitor medications, refill medications and communicate changes with the physician.
- Gain resources in the community to compliment care. A care manager is responsible for knowing resources in the area and providing resources as needed. A care manager also has knowledge about insurance and engage resources that are covered under insurance as needed.
- Another set of eyes and ears for the family. It is much different visiting with someone than talking on the phone. Having a care manager present can provide family with a lot of information about how they are managing.
- Aging Life Care Association (Formerly the NAPGCM)
- Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC)
- National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN)
- Masters of Health and Administration (MHA)
Areas of Practice
- Care Management