Ingleside at Rock Creek Continuing Care Retirement Community

3050 Military Road, Washington, DC, 20015

Reviews of Ingleside at Rock Creek | Continuing Care Retirement Community

December 17, 2015

By Mike117280750

Ingleside was top-notched, and the staff was very nice. There is a new wing that?s being built; we will have a very nice and spacious unit. The dining area was very nice and upscale. There are a lot of common activities, and the locale was better. It felt very much residential. They have an existing facility that they will be tearing down.

July 21, 2015

I had a very pleasant visit at Ingleside at Rock Creek. The person I met was a very smart young woman, and it was a very pleasant facility. We saw an apartment that was furnished, and it was absolutely beautiful. The woman living there was kind enough to let us in. It was elegant and well kept.

July 07, 2015

Mom was at Ingleside at Rock Creek. We loved it until she had a stroke. When she had a stroke, they put her into a facility that I didn’t like at all. I like the staff because they are kind and caring to my mother. The grounds are beautiful, and the place as a whole is beautiful as well.

January 25, 2015

I visited Ingleside at Rock Creek several times because I have a friend who lives there. It is a little facility at the District of Columbia. It is a first class facility. They have all levels of care. It is physically attractive with lots of things to do. If I had a choice I would have chosen this facility.

March 08, 2013

By caring0226213

It is the most beautiful place we've visited. But you have to buy into it. I talked to them a couple of times. They sent me a brochure with all the layout and pictures of the apartment. I lived and worked in Washington D.C. before I retired, and I've always loved that area. There is so much to do there and so many activities there and I missed all of that. That's where I want to go.

September 01, 2011

By Tom2

Beautiful location and new facilities have just been added. The location right on the edge of Rock Creek Park is very special. The food is good and the staff very caring. Hard to find anything to fault. It is not close to any services but there is a good transportation program. the new building are really beautiful and make the most of the woodsy setting.

August 30, 2011

By Peg1

A beautiful setting nestled on the edge of Rock Creek Park. No services and shopping close by however. The apartments are reasonable sized and well furnished. Dining room food and services are well good. Fellow residents seem very congenial.

August 30, 2011

By Very pleased

A full continuing care retirement community located in northwest District of Columbia with sponsorship by a Presbyterian affilliate. Residents pay a membership fee, refundable inpart depending onlength of residence, and a varying monthly fee. Residents include former foreign services and other government personnel. Facilities are favorably situated next to Rock Creek Park. Public areas and grounds are attractive but apartments are not spacious. Residents have only a limited voice regarding fees and other policy matters. Assisted living and nursing care seem to be of high quality. New larger resident quarters are under construction by revamping some building areas. Occupancy may lagging due to economy.

July 29, 2011

By A Clinical Social Worker

This is a small facility offering a number of levels of care, from independent living to assisted living to memory care to skilled nursing care. It's located near Rock Creek Park, which affords a very pretty setting. The facility is currently going through a transition and renovating extensively, especially on the older side of the building, which is for skilled nursing residents. But even during renovation, they obviously put added energy into keeping it clean. The whole place is run in a very organized way. While there are residents in need of varying degrees of care, they all seem to be engaged and content. The staff, from the front desk receptionist to the nurses, is very professional and involved. There is a good staff to resident ratio"”and they also make a real attempt to get to know the families and even the visitors. The assisted living units are a nice size, with good views of the park or trees; most have big windows; there are no cooking units. Most people eat in the common dining room, which offers several choices during mealtimes. And most residents say they like the food there. There is a bank and several eating areas onsite. And there's also a consignment store in which residents can swap clothes; many of them look forward to that and want to see what's new each week. There is also a coffee and juice place, where residents can sit around and chat together. There are a number of planned events, such as outings to local performances, but the staff also engages residents with games and discussions of current events in the news. A drawback: Because they are getting down to the barebones during renovation, that may be a little headachy in the future; some passageways will be knocked down and navigating inside will be a little confusing while construction is going on. There will also be a lot less parking space available for visitors during that time. Residents who enter Ingleside at Rock Creek in independent living are given preference if they need to transfer to a level of higher care, so this facility may be good for people who don't want to face moving a number of times as their care needs change.

Photos of Ingleside at Rock Creek

About Ingleside at Rock Creek

Ingleside at Rock Creek is a continuing care retirement community in Washington, DC that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Ingleside at Rock Creek for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Ingleside at Rock Creek