University Village FL

Top Nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of University Village FL

September 18, 2015

By Dnc

Beautiful facility on the renovated independent living side. The other property across the street with assisted living and memory care needs updating and cleaning. Not sure it would be appropriate for my parents hearing what the company is going through at this time.

July 04, 2015

University Village is just the proper place you would want to be. You can do as little or as much as you want. The place is full of life instead of full of death. It is a very nice place. They have a pool, a gym room, and an auditorium, and they have all kinds of things going on. These people are busier than working people. It is something to really see. And the people that buy-in are entertaining and easy to get along with. There is a healthy mixture of all kinds of people, which I prefer. I don't want to be with one certain kind or group of people; I like the mixture of people. We made some wonderful friends up there, and it is just like going to a place where you meet people from all sorts of life and culture. It is wonderful. It is the best thing we have ever seen in our life, and the food is tremendous.

March 17, 2015

By Dave and Marie

My parents have lived at University Village for seven years. Up until recently, all members of our rather large family have been extremely please with this location for Mom and Dad. Our parents were happy and thriving. Since the ownership has changed hands (2014),we have noticed a decline in the facility and in the attention given to its residents. There seems to be more attention to outward renovations to draw new residents than to the care of those who already live there. We are hoping this focus is short term and will return to the quality care they previously experienced.

January 26, 2015

We chose University Village because we thought it had a good reputation and good features. The people have good quality, and the sanitation is good.

November 22, 2014

The rooms at University Village seemed adequate just to cover your basic needs, nothing fancy. They were going through some renovations at the time, and the staff seemed a little stressed out. It was really not a good time to visit, so I didn’t get a good impression of this facility. For some people, it will work fine, but I did not like it.

October 16, 2014

I have visited University Village, and I really like it. They had really good food. What I just didn’t like was the idea that if you have pets you need to be on the bottom floor and you had to go out the back door, you could not get to the lobby, and I thought they were too controlling. I also don’t like the thought that you had to buy-in and pay for the monthly fees. That would be twice as costly as living at home. Their amenities are great, but the area that they were in wasn’t all that great. All in all, I really like the place.

May 28, 2014

I am at University Village now, and I chose it for the location. It is close to where my granddaughter works. I am very satisfied with it. There are just a lot of activities that keep me busy. The food is very good, and there is a good variety. The staff is very efficient.

April 24, 2014

By caring010402

University Village has graduated facilities for assisted living and nursing. The appearance is very appealing. I think it’s a plus that you can bring your own furniture into the apartments. However, it doesn't have a laundry facility in the unit unless if you get something special. They have a lot of activities and amenities. There are concerts, they go to places, and have a guest speaker from the University of Florida. I have eaten there, food is average. I think if they did a better job with their food that would be a BIG improvement.

January 31, 2014

By Barbara35687050

They have two dining rooms at University Village. It's a very, very nice place. We did like the place when we visited them. We were there for lunch and a tour. The food was good and the staff was nice. We have a friend that just moved in there about 3 months ago and she loves it there. Her apartment is very large.

September 23, 2013

By Willie W.

University Village was a very clean place. Everybody was very nice. It had independent, assisting and nursing homes. You could go in to the independent and if you needed assisted, you could go to assisted living and then if you needed more care, you could go to nursing home.

August 01, 2013

By caring0723113

University Village FL was recommended by the hospital that my father was admitted before. They took him there and he stayed there for probably a year and he was treated well. When it got down to the last couple of days of my dad's life, the communication between myself and the nurses caring for him meant the most to me. They keep him comfortable.

About University Village FL

University Village FL is a continuing care retirement community in Tampa, FL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact University Village FL for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of University Village FL