St. Joseph's John Knox Village

4100 E. Fletcher Ave, Tampa, FL, 33613

Reviews of St. Joseph's John Knox Village

PJMC October 14, 2014

My mother was in the rehab facility and I was far from impressed and disgusted with most of the staff and conditions. Not only did she not rehabilitate but basically due to neglectful care I had to transport her to the ER as she was severely dehydrated. Once she became symptomatic and complained of not feeling well she actually went 4-5 days without a doctor bothering to check on her or take any kind of action. No fluids administered?! I cannot believe this was ranked so highly. Maybe the residential facility is better. Honestly it would have to be. If you have a loved one here be sure to check on them regularly as many staff members seem to not be able to do that.

George88695550 July 22, 2014

I have been to John Knox Village. I like it very much. I'm not sure I can afford it but I'm considering it and will see what I can do when the time comes. They have a hospital in the facility. The menus and the food look good. Everything about the place looks good to me. Location is convenient to a lot of things. I'm impressed with it. Everything is compact. Everything is connected together. It's large, but you don't feel a largeness about it, and people are very friendly. The facility itself is clean as a pin. It has been updated in the last few years. My mother lived there before she died, and my friend's mother lived there. It's very well known and highly respected.

MrMojoRisin76 September 13, 2012

The nursing staff is wonderful. They took very good of my friends mom. She had had a stroke and needed total care. She was kept clean and the nursing staff continuously engaged her to "work" her mind. The therapy staff and the administration were a different story. As soon as her 21 days ran out for medicare reimbursement she was deemed no longer able to make progress. This was not the case. The nursing staff disagreed with the therapy department and continued to work with her. With the nursing staffs help she has made more progress then she ever made with the therapy staff. She is now regaining use of her affected side and has transitioned from a tube feed to solid foods. This progress happened AFTER she was discharged from therapy. The administration called and stated that her mothers insurance company was not paying and there for she must pay. This would be normal protocol except when the insurance company was called my friend was informed that John Knox had only submitted a claim for the first month and had not attempted to get payment for any other months. The insurance company believed this was because private pay is a higher rate then the allowable charges under insurance. When the one month was billed to the insurance company it was payed within 24 hours. So in conclusion as far as Nursing staff the facility is GREAT!! The rest leaves something to be desired.

davefair August 13, 2012

This is a great place with much care and giving

tampabayCNA January 18, 2012

This place feels like a hotel from the minute that you enter the front door. There is a fabulous activities department that is constantly having stimulating engagements. There are postings in the common areas. The dinning area is absolutely beautiful and large scale. Apartment style living and double occupancy is available. There is a bunch of parking available in the front and on the sides of the building. The grounds are well manicured. I noticed plenty of staff and they seemed very helpful.

sunshine4 December 08, 2011

I would visit my Grandmother when she was a resident of the home. She was transferred from the hospital since she needed more care than she would get still living on her own at the young age of 87. Unfortuantley, they too are short staffed. I would come by and my poor Grandmother would be so excited to us so we could help move up in her bed. I have seen her in the wheel chair stuck waitng for the pysical therapist who is late and she is uncomfortable in the wheel chair. It saddened me so to see her like this. It was an old building, her room mate was not very friendly.

disappoitment November 15, 2011

My love one was a patient in their subacute unit. She frequently ate up in the cafeteria until one day was approached by the food service director expressing that she needed to eat in her room. My love one tried to explain that the menu choices were not the same and was called a "liar" by the food service director. We filed a grievance however to this date it has not been addressed nor has she received an apology from the food service director. What ever happened to the customer is always right?!

JMASON1 October 14, 2011

I WORKED FOR RIGHT AT HOME NURSING AGENCY IN TAMPA FLORIDA AND WAS ASSIGNED TO A PATIENT THAT RESIDES IN JOHN KNOX VILLIAGE. THE EMPLOYEE'S AT JOHN KNOX WORKS REALLY HARD AND TREATS PATIENTS HOW THEY WOULD TREAT THEIR PARENTS. AT JOHN KNOX THE EMPLOYEES ARE LIKE FAMILY. THEY HAVE MANY ACTIVITIES LOCATED IN JOHN KNOX. WHEN IT COMES AROUND TO THE HOLIDAYS JOHN KNOX IS WELL DECORATED. THE FOOD AT JOHN KNOX IS DELICIOUS AND IT IS A CLEAN FACILITY. IF I HAD TO DECIDE TO SEND MY RELATIVE THERE I WOULD.

Bucs Fan August 05, 2011

This is a world class facility. It looks brand new and the amenities are very nice. My grandmother stayed here for 2 years. It was a much nicer than the assisted living facility that she was staying in previously. I cannot recommend this place enough! The staff were very attentive to our needs and the needs f my grandmother. She loved it. Because she loved it, it made us like the place even more. One quick tour of the place and I am sure you will be happy with it as well.

angel12b July 28, 2011

The facility is very conveniently located near major highways and medical clinics and hospitals. The staff is very caring and dedicated, the facility is very clean and private. They are many activities that are carefully planned for the residents to be actively involved in.

Karen1 June 08, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My parents were residents in the independent living portion of John Knox Village (JKV), but when my mother's Alzheimer's became more than my father could handle, the facility helped him transfer her into assisted living. JKV offers assisted living with varying levels of care (and varying costs based on the patient's needs). My mother was placed in a small apartment that was much like a hotel room. It was great to be able to surround her with own furniture, favorite rocking chair and knick-knacks to help her feel more "at home." JKV was very flexible in all respects ... my mother could eat provided meals under supervision on her floor, or my father could take her to the main dining room to eat with him and their friends. Her caregivers treated her with dignity and respect. They encouraged her to attend activities, but never forced her when she didn't want to go. If she didn't want to go to the dining room, they tried bringing snacks to her room. The staff at JKV has low turnover, which is rare for an assisted living facility. It is a real comfort to residents to recognize the faces of their daily caretakers, and as a family member it was comforting for me to recognize the nurses taking care of my mother and to know that they recognized me and shared information with me. My only criticism is that sometimes the staff did not check on her hourly, which is their policy. That may be partially because my father spent time with her every day, and they knew she was not often left alone or unsupervised unless she was sleeping. They seemed to stay on top of her medications. As her condition worsened, I felt that they did everything they could to keep her in assisted living as long as possible to avoid transferring her to the depressing unit in the nursing center reserved for patients with severe Alzheimer's. That was helpful not only to her, but to my father, who would have found it hard to see her living in those more restricted quarters. In addition to the nursing staff, everyone else, from the administrators to the food service staff, was helpful and understanding. JKV offers assisted living for patients without Alzheimer's or dementia, but I did not have the chance to observe many of those patients. In addition to the motel-room style units in the high rise building, they offer assisted living services in one-bedroom and studio apartments that are more like "regular" apartments. In addition, JKV was very accommodating of my father's needs, helping him move to a smaller apartment after my mother moved into the assisted living facility.

About St. Joseph's John Knox Village

St. Joseph's John Knox Village is a continuing care retirement community in Tampa, FL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact St. Joseph's John Knox Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of St. Joseph's John Knox Village