Fairhaven Continuing Care Retirement Community

7200 Third Ave, Sykesville, MD, 21784

Reviews of Fairhaven | Continuing Care Retirement Community

July 25, 2013

By caringmm719

Fairhaven was a very nice community. We have visited this place for my friend. I like this one because it was more country, not too much in the city. However, like all the other facilities we visited, it also has the same services and features. We didn't visit any facility that we find unacceptable.

July 06, 2012

By grandmas boy

in my opinion it was a on average facility, it was clean for the most part i was really amazed by the types of activities. They had an art class which i really like for my grandma the even had lecture groups i feel that is good that the people get to converse with each other. My grandma is a big poker person that's her favorite activity to do an the also have movie night which very fun as she told me. the swimming pool was very clean to my surprise to me it was a perfect match for my grandma she could get her nails and toes done if she wanted to. On the fitness side the also supply a yoga class and muscle toning. but the beds were not all that soft and comfortable an the rooms did smell a little funny but i expected that over all ill give it a 4. its still a nice place an the nurses were nice too, thats always a major part in facilities like this like i said overall a solid 4

May 09, 2012

By constant

We enjoy the busy community life at Fairhaven. But appreciate everything so much more this past week when my husband who has dementia suddenly developed breathing problems. After a phone call to the Wellness Center, the security staff arrived and helped us into the ambulance.. The Fairhaven social worker arrived at the hospital the next day to help me with paperwork, and the clergy arrived that night. Phone calls from several residents set up arrangements in our cottage for when we would return, which turned out to be six long days. Security met us when we returned to help us get inside and housekeeping arrived the next day to clean our cottage. Security then took us in a car to my husband's medical appointments in the Wellness Center. All the staff was aware of his situation and handled it quietly. Meals were delivered to us each day. It was reassuring to know that the "grape vine" here provided many of our friends and acquaintances with information. Fun foods and greeting cards followed, along with more offers of help. COMMUNITY COUNTS!

September 06, 2008

By Karen Fowler

I recently visited a friend that is living in an apartment at Fairhaven. I've visited many retirement communities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities but I have to say that I was impressed with Fairhaven. My friend loves living there. She tells me she receives excellent care in every way. She gave us a tour. It's like walking into a very warm, hospitable community. The main building houses beautiful artwork, the food in the dining area was very good. My friend told me that she took water aerobics every morning and that there is either a class or activity going on all the time. The feeling is very comfortable, friendly and professional at the same time. My husband and I have an aunt that may be looking at assisted living communities soon. I received a packet from Fairhaven that I can't wait to show her.

Photos of Fairhaven

About Fairhaven

Fairhaven is a continuing care retirement community in Sykesville, MD that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Fairhaven for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Fairhaven