Horizon House

900 University Street, Seattle, WA, 98101

Reviews of Horizon House

Caring101193650 November 06, 2014

Horizon House is very expensive; you have to pay I think $123,000 just to get in, and it’s no more monthly than it was at the other facility. I felt that the people they were all dressed like they were going to church or someplace wonderful, and I am not that kind of a person. I would give it a highest rate, but it’s just wasn’t my cup of tea.

I would certainly recommend the place. As a matter of fact, I was just talking to somebody the other day and telling her how nice it was. I know a couple of people who lived there, and they loved it.

Karla3 May 31, 2013

Horizon House is a big place. They have two buildings that are 19 story-apartment and another smaller one. The assisted living and the skilled nursing facilities are also nearby. It's very convenient so if either of us would go into assisted living, we can still be near each other. The rooms were very nice. Our apartment has a full kitchen, so I can also cook. But we also get a credit in the dining room which we can use in any way we want. It has excellent facilities for exercise, a pool, a clinic and so many services. They take you shopping to the grocery stores three times a week. The staff were very nice, very pleasant and helpful. They had really more of what we wanted and we will move there in a couple of months.

epiphany2000 August 28, 2012

It's very difficult searching for assisted living facilities for your loved ones. They are leaving a home that they are familiar with and a home that they have resided in for many decades. It was very necessary for me to check out these facilities for my grandmother because she is suffering from the beginning stages of dementia and she can no longer live on her own. A majority of her friends have passed away and she is becoming more lonely. At both of the facilities I visited they were very lovely, clean and pleasant but they felt very hospital like. Even with their modern looks, it did not have the feeling of home. The staff was very nice and seemed as though they would look over my grandmother's needs and there was no doubt in my mind that she would find many new friends there.

About Horizon House

Horizon House is a continuing care retirement community in Seattle, WA that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Horizon House for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Horizon House