Vi at Grayhawk | Continuing Care Retirement Community

7501 East Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ, 85255

Contact Now

Reviews of Vi at Grayhawk | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Caring105916450 May 01, 2015

I am living at Vi at Grayhawk, and I really like the facility I am in. The room that I have is very good. I am happy in this facility, but I am a little unhappy with the way they charged me because they based it on the other unit that I had in their independent living. Other than that, their service is good as well as their meals. The staff is very good. They have different kinds of staff ranging from nurses to doctors that are available. They also have people who serve meals and people who come in and clean your room. They do their job. The dining room is very good, and we have our own assigned tables. It's four of us to a table, and that worked out very good. On their assisted living, their activities are designed for people who have special needs. The thing that impressed us most is the variety of things that were available to us. The place is very secure.

Helen108585250 March 31, 2015

The people at Vi at Grayhawk are wonderful, knowledgeable, and straightforward in everything. The apartments are beautiful, and it is one of the best I have seen anywhere. As for activities, they have everything that you can think of including golf. They have staff available 24/7; that is amazing. It is the most complete facility I have seen.

Marjorie10 October 31, 2013

Grayhawk is close to where we live and we have looked at it for a couple of years partly because we have some friends who have moved there. It's very well-run and it's within the business community. It's ranked very, very high. We've had lunch there and several tours. The food is very attractive and there are plenty of choices. There are a couple of dining rooms and coffee shops. Everybody has been very helpful. I just like the ambience at Grayhawk.

AndyA October 19, 2011

There's one big black mark against this otherwise excellent facility. I've tried for months to get this erased without success. Early in the year, I invited five guests to dinner at the "four star" dining room. These included a gentle, elderly lady who was enjoying a rare night out. This senior initially declined dessert, but changed her mind and requested it. The impatient server leaned over the table and hissed, " You said you didn't want any!" I intervened and told the server my guest had changed her mind and please serve the dessert. The server straightened up, glared at me, and stomped off! She refused to serve my guest, and never returned to the table. This wonderful lady was acutely embarrassed, and waved me down when I was going after the server. The effect of the server's behavior was an emotional slap in the face to this senior! It completely spoiled a night out, put a chill on the party, and destroyed what had been a very pleasant evening. THERE WERE FIVE WITNESSES. I reported the incident to management. To date, they see no reason for the server to apologize. Sum result: after months of trying to get action, the server is still in the restaurant. In a MacDonalds, she would probably have been fired on the spot. My guest has refused all invitations to return. For us, every time we go into this "four star" restaurant, and see this waitress, it is a very painful reminder of an ugly, unprovoked incident directed against a wonderful, gentle person. Keep in mind that it takes several hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy into this facility, and thousands of dollars in monthly maintenance fees, all intended to provide peaceful, tranquil living for seniors. I believe that the actions-or more precisely, the non-actions- of management are worth a big, black mark.

From Vi at Grayhawk

Overlooking the magnificent McDowell Mountains, Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, offers easy access to the master-planned community's amenities as well as a wide variety of features and services. The community has been ranked #1 in Independent/Assisted Living in "The Best of Arizona Business" for 13 consecutive years. And in 2014, U.S. News and World Report named the Vi at Grayhawk care center one of the best in the nation.

HOW IT WORKS

At Vi at Grayhawk your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 20 unique floor plans. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.

SERVICES AND AMENITIES

There are a number of services and amenities available to residents at Vi at Grayhawk, including:

• Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping and bed linen services
  • Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared daily
  • Casual, bistro style, and fine dining restaurants available with table service:
  • Valet parking services
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings and appointments
  • Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests and accept deliveries
  • Fitness equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, recumbent bicycles, NuStep® cross training machines, air-resistance weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
  • Fitness instruction and classes including yoga, tai chi and weight training
  • Heated, salt-filtered indoor and outdoor pools
  • Instructor-led aqua fitness classes and relaxation
  • 18-hole championship putting course
  • Reading areas and computer resource center
  • Social spaces and lounges throughout the club area including an art studio, billiards and rooms
Community services and amenities are subject to change.

Features of Vi at Grayhawk

• Housing Extra: 2 Br Plus Den, Freestanding "Casitas"

• Golf