Piper Shores | Continuing Care Retirement Community

15 Piper Road, Scarborough, ME, 04074

Reviews of Piper Shores | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Caring98996750 September 17, 2014

I just liked the atmosphere, the facilities, and the things that were available at Piper Shores. The staff was efficient and courteous. It was very well-maintained, outstanding.

privacy lover January 24, 2013

Piper Shores is a beautiful, top-notch place. It's right on the ocean, in the middle of nowhere. But it's about half an hour from Portland and in a rural setting. They have a pool, a garden area, and they have a fitness center. They also have shuttle bus if you want to go to town. The staff is very friendly and everything seems to be very well done. Although I think it's a bit isolated for me. But my husband loves it.

schrela July 28, 2011

My mother has lived independently at this lovely Lifecare Community for 6 years. It is a 10 year old not for profit facility with all levels of care. Beautiful location on the ocean bluffs. Caring staff and all activities and transportation provided along with one lovely dining room meal a day.

randydavis56 July 26, 2011

My mother has lived here since 2001. She and my dad moved there and had a 2 bedroom apartment. They really enjoyed living there, it's a lovely place with superior amenities. When my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2004 my mom became his full-time caregiver. In 2009, while battling Parkinson's-related dementia he moved to the assisted living section. This was a wonderful facility and provided what he needed. However, when he became uncontrollable and fell he was put into the skilled nursing unit. Piper Shores does not have a memory care/dementia unit so his care was quite problematic. He ended up dying in hospice from a CDif infection in November of 2009. A long and frustrating battle for he, my mom and my brother and I. My mom still lives in Piper Shores.

From Piper Shores

Among Maine retirement communities, Piper Shores is Maine's first and only nonprofit lifecare retirement community. Piper Shores is also the only retirement community in Maine to be accredited by CARF/CCAC.

Offering independent living apartments and cottages and high quality amenities in a spectacular coastal setting near Portland, Maine, Piper Shores gives you the freedom to pursue an active lifestyle and the retirement of your dreams. As a lifecare retirement community, Piper Shores provides residents with the peace of mind of never having to worry about making new plans to move as health concerns arise over time. That's because Piper Shores lifecare retirement community combines all the advantages of independent living plus guaranteed priority access to onsite assisted living and skilled nursing care if needed. Lifecare at Piper Shores also means that you will always have a predictable monthly payment regardless of your level of care. Unlike other retirement communities in Maine, Piper Shores' entrance fee for independent living Apartments and cottages is Ninety percent (90%) refundable to residents. The refund will either go to their estate or to the resident directly if they move out on their own.

Location of Piper Shores