Vi at La Jolla Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

8515 Costa Verde Boulevard, San Diego, CA, 92122

Contact Now

Reviews of Vi at La Jolla Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Caring75765650 June 22, 2015

Vi at La Jolla is really top level service. My mother-in-law is in a facility similar to that, so we took a tour, saw one of their apartments, and saw the level of care and what recreational facilities they had. The thing we like about that location is that it is right in the middle of an area in San Diego called UTC, which is a shopping center, and it is very close to the University of California San Diego. You can practically walk there to the shopping malls across the street, where there are movie theaters, bookstores, and lots of things. And then, they also mentioned there's going to be a trolley that goes there and you can take the trolley down to San Diego, but they also have driving services so you can get around within 12 miles, and they have lots of activities. They'll take you to your doctors' appointments for no cost if it is within 12 miles, and there are lots of medical facilities around there -- there is Scripps, the VA, and the UCSD Medical Center. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but only two of them are included in your monthly due.

John102225850 November 26, 2014

At Vi, everything was great. The place was nice; everything was nice. However, it was too expensive to me. The rooms were medium -- not small, but not really big either. They were a decent size.

Thank you so much for your interest in Vi at La Jolla Village, John. We appreciate you taking the time to visit and explore our Community. Our apartments range from 700 square feet to 3000 square feet - I am sorry that our current available apartments did not meet your size requirements. Please call us if there is every any further assistance we may offer and we wish you the best in your search for a Continuing Care Retirement Community.

Caring9258 November 22, 2014

Vi at La Jolla Village is definitely first-class. The rooms and the dining room are excellent. They have a health facility there where they take care of you as your health deteriorates.

Ruth45 October 31, 2014

I've chosen a place. It's Vi at La Jolla Village. They seem very nice and very welcoming. The food is very good. The amenities are very nice. There are different sizes of rooms. I have the 850-square feet. Regarding security, they have their own monitoring system. You wear a bracelet or a necklace so they know where you are at all times.

Caring75781550 September 23, 2014

Vi was excellent. I was in a private room there for almost 3 months. A lot of people were in double rooms. The staff was very good. I was cared for by nurses after surgery. I think one of the problems they have is that they are also a teaching hospital. They send a teacher and they work in the facility. That’s a turn off to me because they’re in training. I don’t want to be paying that kind of money to be treated by somebody who’s in school.

The food and dining facilities were excellent. They have very good choices. They have a private dining room where you can sit and eat by yourself or eat with others or you can have guests. They also have an excellent therapist. I was happy to be there.

From Vi at La Jolla Village

Vi at La Jolla Village, a Type A continuing care retirement community, offers distinctive services and amenities all while providing residents with a lifestyle focused on wellness and vitality to support successful aging. Located in San Diego's "Golden Triangle," an area that features shopping, dining, parks and walking trails, Vi at La Jolla Village connects residents to a wide variety of local attractions, beautiful beaches and historical sites.

HOW IT WORKS

At Vi at La Jolla Village your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our more than 30 floor plans. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.

SERVICES AND AMENITIES

There are a number of services and amenities available to residents at Vi at La Jolla Village, including:

• Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping of your home
  • Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared by our culinary team
  • Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants available with table service
  • 24-hour valet parking services in our garage for your vehicle
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
  • Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
  • Reading areas stocked with current magazines and best-selling books
  • Wellness Center staffed 7 days a week by a nurse available for confidential health consultation
  • Fitness center stocked with treadmills, recumbent bicycles, NuStep® cross training machines, air-resistance weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
  • Heated salt-filtered indoor pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
Community services and amenities are subject to change.

Features of Vi at La Jolla Village

• Housing extra: 1 BR plus den, 2 BR plus den

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee

• Minimum age: 62