National Lutheran Home & Village at Rockville

9701 Veirs Drive, Rockville, MD, 20850

Reviews of National Lutheran Home & Village at Rockville

Helen13 June 14, 2013

Mom was at The Village at Rockville and we liked their services very much. It's a brand new facility and we've just been very happy because my mother loves the food. She likes the care and the attention that she is getting.

Caring5940 January 05, 2013

I was in a crucial point in terms of my husband and I wanted to move ahead of any crisis. I want to make the move the next best thing we were doing in our living arrangements. We lived in Rockville, Maryland at one time. But what was available at The Village was not the size that we wanted. We could have gone in there to a smaller place and then waited for a larger spot to open, but my husband felt the room was very small. He spends a lot of time inside rather than outside, so I do not want him to be uncomfortable. And that was sort of the deciding factor.

brittanydickerson44 June 22, 2012

I found that the facility was very close-knit and well-kept. The people were very friendly and many of the residents seemed to get along well with each other. The facility has a good location that allows for its residents to live a relatively free life in a secure, but not quarantined, environment. The facility also hosts a myriad of activities ranging from those aligned with the Lutheran faith to secular activities with guest speakers and other community members. I liked how many different services the Lutheran Home provided, as it offered services for retirement, assisted living, rehab and rehabilitation, and hospice care. I found the Lutheran Home to be a welcoming environment as all of the staff members appeared to be welcoming, caring, and dedicated to assisting their residents and insistent on involving the outside community through volunteers and various festivals and events. Ultimately, I felt that the Lutheran Home was a great environment for senior citizens, as it provides them with the care they need without stripping them of their freedom and independence.

OBXBeachDog June 21, 2012

The overall look and feel of this ageing facility isn't bad when you walk in the front door. Very nice as a matter of fact BUT when you walk down the halls into the rooms they are very old and dated. I must be up front"¦they are in the mist of remodeling the enter building and the floor top floor that has been completed is wonderful. So why the bad rating"¦the staff and care my father received was downright horrible!!! Some of the staff (a very small number) are well educated nurses, BUT the most were careless and unwilling to give proper care or even follow doctors' orders. My father received multiple bed sores (he is a quadriplegic) and the wound care nurse flat out refused to follow the doctor's orders and did her own thing for his care. He continued to receive more bed sores and until threatened with a law suit decided to order the correct bed to improve his condition. My father continued to complain about pains until the staff sent him to the ER one night. While he was at the ER they discharged him and gave his room away AND would not allow him to return unless he agreed to sign a waiver to not sue the facility"¦..Needless to say he is no longer at this horrible facility.

From National Lutheran Home & Village at Rockville

For over 100 years we have provided an environment of loving care in a vibrant atmosphere that is unmatched. Our Continuing Care Care Community offers today's seniors the oppurtunity to live life to the fullest.

National Lutheran Home & Village at Rockville Housing Types