NEED HELP FINDING CONTINUING CARE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

98996
4.0

From Air Force Village West, Inc. (AFVW)

Air Force Village West is a continuing care retirement community located in Riverside, CA. Continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) are an option for currently healthy people who want to secure their health care throughout the aging process.

The main distinguishing factor of CCRCs, like Air Force Village West, is that with admittance the resident is guaranteed healthcare throughout their life. CCRCs vary in design and have multiple housing options that can include apartments, duplexes, or even single-family homes. They normally offer a sense of community as residents participate in actives and social events together.

CCRC residents typically pay monthly fees and gain entrance to the community by paying a buy-in fee.

Reviews of Air Force Village West, Inc. (AFVW)

Posted by Caring105292650 April 19, 2015

Air Force Village was an excellent community. What I like about most was the levels of care. They are able to care of administering the medication by injection and not all facilities offer that. For me I would always go somewhere that offers that for my parents as my parents are insulin dependent. Everyone was friendly, highly informative and very patient, and the people that were living there were really glad with the decision they made. For my later years, I would go there.

Posted by Edward18 August 30, 2014
4.0

I visited Air Force Village and it wasn’t quite what we expected, although it looked like it was a nice place, but it was expensive. You have to buy one of their homes and that wasn’t too good, although that’s opened up for all people now. It used to be strictly for military officers. The staff was very friendly.

Posted by Caring63330750 February 01, 2014
4.0

My parents lived in assisted living at Air Force Village West, but when my father died, my mother just went right into the next phase. She has Alzheimer's. She has a private room and it's fine. Everything is good. The food is very good. For me, the best thing about this place is that my mom is familiar with this community because she has lived in their assisted living.

Posted by PayingAttention December 14, 2013

My father has lived in the independent living section of AFVW for the past year and a half. And boy do I mean, "LIVED." Dad he should have moved there 10 years ago.

However, as a regular visitor, I am also a big fan of my friends who now live in assisted living. Mostly because the people in independent living continue to include them in their activities. Assisted living means just that. Assistance; just as needed. Those in assisted living remain involved in daily life.

Separately, was amazed to discover although AFVW has both on-site medical offices for doctor visits....the doctor as well as the x-ray machine, makes house calls! Yes, in the independent living section.

Don't feel like going out for medicine? No problem. Medication, just like pizza, is delivered.

Last, the people are great and highly involved in the management. This strikes me as the key difference between communities that are run for-profit by professional management teams, and those that are run by non-profits. It strikes me when residents are involved in the executive decision making process, this makes for a better experience.

Posted by Nancy66920150 August 15, 2013

Air Force Village West was a much larger and a much older community. The homes were beautiful. The landscaping was excellent. We easily found a couple of houses that we would be comfortable in, but the houses were occupied and we were on the waiting list. They had lots of activities. Everybody was fairly nice and the food was excellent.

Posted by Lyle1 January 08, 2013
4.0

My dad was here twice. I thought they did ok but my dad thought otherwise. I guess it's because he didn't like rehabs. They were very attentive. The place is clean. The had a large room there and he shared with someone. Airforce Village is a nice facility. The staff are very good.

I think that there's still room for improvement too. I didn't like the way they were doing the administrative work specifically the accounting portion of it. I had some problems with the billing. I don't know if it's a government thing or medicare versus my dad's secondary insurance. They didn't help me with it and that was the thing.

Posted by BUFF pilot September 06, 2012

My wife and I have been residents for 15 months. We both are total supporters and advocates of this high quality CCRC. We live in an independent living unit of nearly 2400 sq. ft., find the staff to be devoted and attentive, the meals of excellent quality and quantity, the activities to be varied and many, and the other residents to be exceptionally friendly. We have no regrets about our decision to move here!

Posted by jdavisd August 28, 2012
2.0

Nursing staff was horrible. Left an indwelling catheter in too long causing a UTI. Didn't manage constipation, continued feeding patient cheese with nearly every meal, causing a bowel obstruction. Both problems caused my husband to be transferred back to the hospital.

Location of Air Force Village West, Inc. (AFVW)