John Knox Village of Pompano Beach

651 S.W. 6th St., Pompano Beach, FL, 33060

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of John Knox Village of Pompano Beach

Caring71677050 October 30, 2013

I found John Knox Village to be very lovely and peaceful. The people that I spoke to were very accommodating and very nice to deal with. The grounds of the place are very, very nice. What held me back in not choosing this place was the cost. There is a buy-in cost and then there's a monthly cost. It was a little bit more than my pocketbook could handle. I would recommend this facility if they could afford it because it's a lovely place.

caring5032 March 28, 2013

The staff was excellent and it was very nice inside John Knox Village. However, it was extremely expensive. They wanted $120,000 non-refundable deposit. That alone was a turn off. The entry cost was just prohibitive. I just don't understand how they get people with that kind of money.

The place was a little dated; it was built in the 70s. The neighborhood around it was bad. It was not in a good area unless you got in the protected confines of the village. It also had an unusual layout. It had houses for people that were not yet ready to go into an apartment or didn't need assisted living. The dining area was at a central location. It was really inconvenient if you didn't live in that building where the dining area was. If you had any problem walking long distances, you would not want to live in this village.

karen224 August 07, 2012

we,as 4 children of aging parents, weren't excited about mom and dad selling their house and moving into "one of those places for old people". but i cannot tell you how wonderful they are at jkv. everyone is always smiling and saying hello.thats residences and employees alike. the nurses are at your apt in minutes if they are needed. there are carts to take you where ever you want to go. theres a fitness room thats watched by trainers. always alot of shows and entertainment available. john knox village is truely a blessing in our lives.

concernedcit May 01, 2012

There are many aspects of life in this community that work well (e.g. fitness center, meal program, activities) and there are many very nice and caring staff members. The campus is very attractive. However, when problems arise, administration can be unsupportive and unfair.

ms.mermaid November 17, 2011

They seem to take pretty good care of the residents but if your loved one needs special care you must hire a private aide, which of course really can add up quickly. I think when my parents joined at JKV, they believed that the care was more comprehensive than it actually is.

The people who work there are all very professional and nice, but sometimes it feels like they are paying us lip-service more than being genuine. Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see how they really interact with the residents when their relatives are not there.

About John Knox Village of Pompano Beach

John Knox Village of Pompano Beach is a continuing care retirement community in Pompano Beach, FL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact John Knox Village of Pompano Beach for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of John Knox Village of Pompano Beach