John Knox Village of Pompano Beach

Overview of Ratings

4.3

March 28, 2013

By caring5032

The staff was excellent and it was very nice inside John Knox Village. However, it was extremely expensive. They wanted $120,000 non-refundable deposit. That alone was a turn off. The entry cost was just prohibitive. I just don't understand how they get people with that kind of money. The place was a little dated; it was built in the 70s. The neighborhood around it was bad. It was not in a good area unless you got in the protected confines of the village. It also had an unusual layout. It had houses for people that were not yet ready to go into an apartment or didn't need assisted living. The dining area was at a central location. It was really inconvenient if you didn't live in that building where the dining area was. If you had any problem walking long distances, you would not want to live in this village.

August 07, 2012

By karen224

we,as 4 children of aging parents, weren't excited about mom and dad selling their house and moving into "one of those places for old people". but i cannot tell you how wonderful they are at jkv. everyone is always smiling and saying hello.thats residences and employees alike. the nurses are at your apt in minutes if they are needed. there are carts to take you where ever you want to go. theres a fitness room thats watched by trainers. always alot of shows and entertainment available. john knox village is truely a blessing in our lives.

May 01, 2012

By concernedcit

There are many aspects of life in this community that work well (e.g. fitness center, meal program, activities) and there are many very nice and caring staff members. The campus is very attractive. However, when problems arise, administration can be unsupportive and unfair.

November 17, 2011

By ms.mermaid

They seem to take pretty good care of the residents but if your loved one needs special care you must hire a private aide, which of course really can add up quickly. I think when my parents joined at JKV, they believed that the care was more comprehensive than it actually is. The people who work there are all very professional and nice, but sometimes it feels like they are paying us lip-service more than being genuine. Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see how they really interact with the residents when their relatives are not there.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

About John Knox Village of Pompano Beach

John Knox Village of Pompano Beach is a continuing care retirement community in Pompano Beach, FL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact John Knox Village of Pompano Beach for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of John Knox Village of Pompano Beach