Cathedral Village Continuing Care Retirement Community

600 East Cathedral Road, Philadelphia, PA, 19128

Top Nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Cathedral Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

December 03, 2014

We visited some my father's friends at Cathedral Village, and we had dinner with them. It was excellent. It was kind of an upscale restaurant. The food was good, and you had menu and a choice. I remember the waiters and the waitresses were very professionally dressed.

July 30, 2013

By BoSox

My mom visited this community & loved it for herself. She had her heart set on it, with a move imminent. The booklet gave monthly prices & we were sure she could afford it & would be accepted. They courted her. THEN she applied. It was THEN that they told her she needed to have enough money in the bank for the rent of the number of years they figured on her life expectancy PLUS what they determined would be her rough addl expenditures, PLUS $130,00 per year for the last two years of her life, an additional $260,000. They presumed she would need skilled nursing for 2 years & required that money in the bank before they would accept her. The place may be very nice to live in, but the lack of this up-front financial disclosure (telling us only what her monthly rent would be for each size unit, and the cost of the meal plan) is borderline unethical. So as a warning to anybody considering Cathedral Village, do your homework before you get your heart set on it.

July 12, 2013

Cathedral Village was a beautiful place. It was also close by. I went there maybe four times and it wasn't until the fourth time that I was there that they started talking about the price. I found out that you have to have enough money over time to be able to stay there. I thought they were wasting my time because they didn't tell me this in the beginning, say my second or third time that I visited their place.

December 26, 2012

By S.Haury

The village is very home-like. Residents have their own furnishings and privacy is respected. Meals are served either communally or in rooms, I often assisted residents in filling out their daily menus. They have daily activities such as movies, Senoir Olympic participation and excellent social activities. Medical care is available and the nurses were attentive although frequently at the nurses station. There are various levels of care at the facility and holiday activities and events open to the entire community. The staff of social activities seemed energetic and enthusiastic. Nurses were adequate in number and treated the patients with care and kindness. Sanitary conditions were excellent, the facility did not smell of urine or the typical old folks home cliche odor. Meals were small portioned and bland, but a kitchen was available for those who desired to prepare their own meals and in the units for the less able-bodied, meals were standard and bland. Parking was ample and handicapped spaces were available. It was a family-friendly and well-lighted open environment and the campus allowed for outdoor exercise and walking about the well-manicured property. It is much nicer than a stereotypical assisted-living center and provided what seemed to be excellent care.

December 08, 2012

By Protecting dementia patients

Before you take a loved one to Cathedral Village, please check out this news release from the Justice Dept. http://www.justice.gov/usao/pae/News/2012/Nov/cathedralvillage_release.htm

September 11, 2011

By RetGrandad

I have been a resident at Cathedral Village for the past five years and am glad that I made the move. Being in my seventies when I moved in, the home that I had lived in for almost forty years became too large for me to handle. It was a chore to keep the house functioning and my wife and I made the decision to downsize. Cathedral Village offers us the ability to live independently while still providing a safety net that we need. It is great not to have to worry about things breaking in the apartment, having to cut the grass or best of all not to have to shovel the snow. I was even surprised to find out that the facility cleaned the snow off of my car for me when it snowed. All of the things that I was struggling to keep up with in my home are now easy to get done. I also have use of all of the facilities that I used to have to have a gym membership for. I am thoroughly enjoying the decision that I made with my wife to move to this location.

About Cathedral Village

Cathedral Village is a continuing care retirement community in Philadelphia, PA that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Cathedral Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Cathedral Village