Rivermead

150 RiverMead Road, Peterborough, NH, 03458

Reviews of Rivermead

arius October 30, 2012

I needed to have a home for my father when he was released from the hospital due to loss of mobility and physical mass. The advisor we spoke to about the home was terrific. She gave me the necessary information I needed to start the procedures of having him accepted, including contact and form information I would of never known on how to obtain. Who would know what you need to do until a situation like this arrives in your life. The facilities were proper to what he needed. Rehabilitation daily, other residents who seemed energetic and wanting to keep active mentally and physically. Obviously there are a few exceptions to the rules as with all the other homes we visited. There seemed to be reasonable amount of nursing staff to help and not keep him waiting. The food they have though was nothing much to talk about, but the other places we visited were not much either. His room was sufficient I feel for what he needed. He had a great view out his window of a gazebo. There was plenty of room for a somewhat living space for him in there. I mean it has to be tough going from your home to a room in a strange atmosphere. But I feel comfortable having him there and he seemed to be somewhat understanding and felt comfortable as well to be there. Prices though seemed high. I believe it was 250 a per day but his insurance was covering 100% for the first month then we paid $140 per day thereafter. Thankfully he was only in the home for 2 months. But overall he was able to come home so to me I'm happy to have had a place for him to recover.

WackyNard June 23, 2011

I had a good experience with this assisted living provider. The staff was friendly, and the amenities were good. They had a TV room with a Nintendo Wii, and a bocce and shuffleboard court. The rooms and common areas were clean and low-oder, and the food was good and plentiful. There are trips for the residents to go on, picnics, movies, etc, and a variety of other entertainment, such as games and live performers. The only problem I had was people didn't seem to be doing anything. The residents just stayed in their rooms, watching TV, or wandered the hall. I suppose this is expected in an assisted living place, but I think an older person who is still intellectually capable might be bored at Rivermead.

About Rivermead

Rivermead is a continuing care retirement community in Peterborough, NH that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Rivermead for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Rivermead