Penney Retirement Community

P.O. Box 555, Penney Farms, FL, 32079

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Penney Retirement Community

Caring105591550 May 28, 2015

I went to visit my aunt and uncle in Penney Retirement Community. It is a private community and not a public facility. They have their own town, and it is all for assisted living. They have their own post office and their own beauty parlors. It is a whole community for people that goes through phases of retirement. They actually have a house built on the ground, and if they need more care, they move them in an apartment. Then if they need more care from there, then they go into the nursing home part of the town. It is its own little town that operates this whole thing which is amazing. The staff is amazing, very personable, and very informative. The dining facility looks like a national park kind of dining area. It has big cathedral ceilings with stained glass windows. They have beautiful arts facilities and crafts facilities. I actually didn't experience it myself, but they apparently have very good food. They also cater to certain needs, and the food can also be taken out to go to your apartments and homes. They have swimming, dance classes, and exercise classes. They have everything from wood working to pottery to painting and weaving classes. Not everything was open when we were there, so I actually didn't get to see the whole facility.

Caring105821350 April 28, 2015

We have chosen Penney Retirements Community. It appealed to us because it was close to our daughter, and money wise, they were like 25% to 35% less because it was a non-profit corporation. We walked around and toured the facilities. They had a library, an exercise room, and a cafeteria. They had a lot of homes and duplexes, and they had 3 or 4 that were vacant to show us an idea. It very much appealed to us that it was continuous care.

JohnO1 October 06, 2012

My mother and I visited two facilities in this area ... Penney Retirement Community and Allegro ... approximately 5 years ago since we were looking for a place for her to live that was more suitable than her own private home. We narrowed it down to PenneyRC and she moved into their "independent living facility" in 2007. Mother lived quite comfortably in a 2 br apartment at PRC for about 2 years until she required additional assistance and services. At that time, she moved into a one room apartment (plus bath) in PRC's "assisted living facility" (Beyer House) where she enjoyed residing for approximately 1 year. Unfortunately, Mother fell and broke her hip. She underwent surgery (hip replacement) and after her hospitalization and rehabilitation, she moved from Beyer House to "The Pavilion at PRC" where she could receive more intensive medical assistance than she could get at Beyer House. Mother stayed at The Pavilion for a little over a year. With her advancing Alzheimer's it became apparent that she required more "caretaker" assistance than medical assistance and we moved her to Hagen House which is PRC's "memory-care" unit. Mom has been living at Hagen House for about 8 months now and we are all pleased with the level of care and the staff that cares for her. The thing that we appreciate most about PRC is the ability to move her within the various units depending on the care required. We chose PRC because of this flexibility and because it is a Christian based facility which was important to both my mother and to us, her family.

About Penney Retirement Community

Penney Retirement Community is a continuing care retirement community in Penney Farms, FL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Penney Retirement Community for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Penney Retirement Community