Pennswood Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

1382 Newtown-Langhorne Rd, Newtown, PA, 18940

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Pennswood Village | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Moose23 July 01, 2012

The physical layout of the building is impressive. The dining facilities are wonderful. The caretakers, many of them from Quaker backgrounds, are truly wonderful people. I truly feel like my grandparents were loved at the facility, from the day they joined the community through my grandfather's memorial service. It is a shame that so many billboards excoriate long term care providers. Certainly my grandparent's were financially blessed enough to receive excellent care, and I understand that many have frustrating experiences with providers, but this facility is top notch. The exterior walkways were always meticulously maintained in the winter, and the whole place just seemed really friendly. It was amazing to see both grandparents, one of whom suffered from Alzheimer's, be able to spend their twilight years in such a dignified community.

bootnuts April 18, 2012

This place has a beautiful campus. It's located near historic Newtown in Bucks county, Pennsylvania. It looks to be located on approximately 50 acres next to the George School. Upon arriving, the staff was very friendly and energetic, and it seemed to rub off on the residents. It has an indoor swimming pool and a lap pool, a state of the art exercise room. the rooms are spacious and accommodating. Although my grandmother was initially apprehensive about, She liked that she could interact with the local community (grocery shopping, going to the movies, etc.). They have shuttles also that take residents to the numerous places of worship in the area. The only thing I didn't care too much for was the price. A 1 bedroom ran around $200,000, plus another $3000 a month on top of that. We love her and only wanted the best for her. We also wanted her to stay close to us in case anything happened. So far, it's been a great experience, and I think we made the right decision.

From Pennswood Village

Pennswood Village is a nationally respected Senior Living Community (CCRC) for people 65 and over. Nestled in the beautiful countryside of Bucks County, PA, Pennswood is a dynamic community designed for individuals who want a lifestyle with independent services and health care choices on one site. Our campus is rich with opportunities for physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual growth with ongoing activities and educational programs. Nearby historic Newtown offers fine shops and restaurants. Philadelphia, Princeton and New York City are within easy access.

Features of Pennswood Village