Riddle Village

1048 West Baltimore Pike, Media, PA, 19063

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Riddle Village

Caring88800150 June 27, 2014

Riddle Village was nice. I've been there for lunch, and their food was very good. The staff was pretty good. The rooms were like apartment dwellings. The only thing about them was that it was more of convalescent home.

Caring83367550 June 05, 2014

Riddle Village Life was most appealing. They had a lot to offer. It was just a friendly atmosphere. There was a woodworking shop and a swimming pool. The food was excellent. The rooms were spacious. They have meals.

Profnana April 28, 2013

Riddle Village is located in a beautiful setting and is perfect for a resident in good health. Problems begin once a resident is moved into assisted living. Patient care is very poor, security is non-existent. My father was injured in an accident caused by poor maintenance, sub-standard materials and worst of all by an employee who waited over 40 minutes to respond to his call. His shoulder was pulled out of its socket by her pulling him up roughly by his bad arm. He was robbed of all his files, coin collection and other valuables while he was in recuperation from associated rehab.

Kelly5 April 24, 2013

I've visited a number of facilities and Riddle Village was the one I liked most. I liked it because it was a continuous care facility, it had a very nice and cheery atmosphere, there were lots of amenities, the food was really nice, it was close to the hospital, and residents can decorate their own place when they move in. Both of my parents-in-law liked it. They had a pool, a gym, different classes, art, Bingo, and they took trips to the casinos. They could pretty much do anything there and they had transportation if they needed to go to doctors. Continuous care was probably its best feature because residents don't have to go anywhere else if they got sick or needed more care. They can stay right there in that facility.

JohnH9/23 September 27, 2012

It was an enormous burden trying to find a place for my grandma to live, but I'm glad we were able to find Riddle Village. She's been with my family my whole life and it was really time to accept the fact that she really was getting to a point where we couldn't take care of her by ourselves anymore. We were so lucky to find a place like Riddle Village. Ever since she's been there, she's been happier than ever. She loves her room, all the people she's met, and especially the atmosphere there. The area around the place is beautiful, and there are plenty of programs to keep them active and interested. If anyone was looking for a place to take care of a friend or relative, I would definitely recommend Riddle Village.

Lynne 1 August 14, 2012

We once visited Riddle Village. They offer everything, easy walking out with friends and biking. The surrounding scenery is beautiful. If you had an active life before you came in Riddle Village, you will definitely continue it. You have to get out and do things. I saw that everyone seems to get involved in something. You can see a smile on everyone's face. It looks like they are well taken care of. It was just a lovely visit.

goldnite August 04, 2011

When first walking in, I got the impression of being in a five-star hotel - everything was clean, there were plenty of staff members to assist, and there were numerous activities being conducted. It made me wonder if this was something that was done when people had appointments to tour the facility, or if this was really how things occurred on a daily basis. We signed my mom up, and she is really happy to be living in Monticello House. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed, and with plenty of closet space. The staff is friendly, helpful, and they go out of their way to help with whatever the residents may require. There are several activities conducted between meals, and longer activities, presentations, or concerts in the evening. The medical staff is terrific, checking on the residents and making sure they not only are in good health, but suggesting activities which are appropriate for their abilities. The housekeeping staff not only cleans, but changes and launders the linens and towels weekly. Unlike a few other facilities we looked at, there are three restaurants in addition to the resident cafeteria, and my mom can choose to eat at one of those whenever she likes for no charge - and the charge for family or friends joining her is very reasonable. Mom has her freedom to conduct her life independently, with dignity, and I have the knowledge that she is being looked after, in a nice facility with a wonderful staff. I highly recommend Monticello House!

About Riddle Village

Riddle Village is a continuing care retirement community in Media, PA that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Riddle Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Features of Riddle Village

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: All Pets