Westminster at Lake Ridge | Continuing Care Retirement Community

12191 Clipper Drive, Lake Ridge, VA, 22192

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Westminster at Lake Ridge | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Not what i had hoped it would be January 21, 2017

Deeply disappointed in the administration, the high turnover of staff, the care and the follow up. Direct care people are overworked and underpaid. The nursing center is chronically understaffed. It's great to live there until you get sick and vulnerable. Surroundings are lovely and well maintained.

Hi Not What I Had Hoped It Would Be, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We regret that we did not meet your expectations as it is our goal to meet the individual needs and preferences of each person we serve. If you are willing, please contact us so we can learn more. Westminster at Lake Ridge embraces a philosophy of continuous improvement and we want to make sure we address your concerns.

Mary408130 October 21, 2016

My experience at Westminster At Lake Ridge was great. The rooms are wonderful and fabulous, and the staff was great. We went for brunch, and it was good. The activities looked good. It has everything that we wanted. It's 13 houses away from my house, so it's extremely convenient. They're good, and it's perfect. It's a secluded community, and it's just them, so that's why I picked it, and my dad liked it.

RRAUSTIN August 16, 2016

Do your homework before you move here. Everything is lovely when you are given the tour but in the five years my aunt and uncle have resided at Westminster, things have gone south. Everything that glitters is not gold! The costs that are listed on the website are laughable. It is hugely expensive to live at Westminster and prices go up frequently. you DO NOT get what you pay for. Upper management has changed at least three times that I know about in the time they have lived there. Too much nepotism in upper management. Extremely high turnover in nursing staff which could explain the frequency of med errors. Facility is lovely and constantly being updated. My aunt and uncle have many friends there. If they weren't so settled, I'd be trying to move them. Do your homework.

Kelly010830 July 28, 2016

Westminster was very nice but much more expensive. It’s a buy-in community. The cleanliness was good. I went into a one-bedroom unit, and it was very nice. We ate there, and the food was good.

George H. July 27, 2016

Last February I had my left knee replaced. Pain and unsteadiness had gotten to the point where it was time for an operation. After the operation,I was transferred to the Nursing/Rehab Center at Westminster. My five days period of recovery at the WLR Nursing/Rehab Center was instrumental in the rapid, basically pain-free recovery I had from my knee surgery. Frequent physical therapy and exercise, lots of walking kept me active and eased my new knee into action. Staff were attentive, helpful, encouraging, and productive. It's almost time to kick a football.

Melinda C.367648 July 07, 2016

Westminster at Lake Ridge's tour was very nice. You can live on your own or live with assistance with somebody there. For what I was looking for, they suited my needs. I saw the game room, group activities, and field trips. If I had to go there, it would not be a bad place to go. The assisted living was very nice.

Anonmous August 26, 2015

My parents have lived in one of the independent cottages for about 4 years. Pluses: Nicely kept community with two ponds, outdoor benches, etc. so very nice to walk around. Ample clubs to join, and organized outings for reasonable cost. Shuttles to nearby shopping areas. The independent section and amenities are very nice. Negatives: The helpers we pay to assist with my father's care are unreliable, untrained, and at $25/hour very overpriced (the care person receives around $8/hour of this fee). The monthly bills for meals and ancillary services are frequently incorrect, overcharging for things or double billing for others -- and there seems to be little concern/supervision over this despite several complaints. Slow response to requests for facility workers - took 4 months to get response to request for higher bathroom toilet for my father. Again, no one seems to be managing the process to ensure responsiveness. My concern is that if/when my parents go to the assisted living portion, or the nursing care unit, the level of care and interest in their well being will drop even further. I have heard that the CNA's in assisted living area have attitudes and are rude to the residents, and while it may just be a couple bad apples it points to - again - lack of supervision and the putting of residents first.

Caring99530650 December 22, 2014

I visited Westminster. The room was in good size with one bedroom, one bath, living room, and kitchen, and the kitchen was furnished. The kitchen had a refrigerator and stove. They had a room with a collection of puzzles and stuff you could work on.

Caring100892750 October 27, 2014

I am living in Westminster at Lake Ridge, and it is superb! It is a community. Everyone -- whether we know each personally or not and though many times we cannot even think of each other's name -- mutually supports each other. Everybody is helpful -- physically and socially -- to whoever may need help at the moment. We have a four-story high apartment building, and we have approximately closer to 80 cottages. We have a garden area, which is broken up into plots that any of us have the opportunity to use for a season. We have a wood shop, a small swimming pool, and an activity room that has access to videos. We have an activity group of about four people that gets to all kinds of activities. We have a drama group, a singing group or a choir if you wish, a hand chime choir, and we have what is known as a kitchen band which is an adult rhythm band making use primarily kitchen utensils for making music. We have a clinic in which we have a nurse on duty and two doctors that each come in on two different days a week. We have a nursing unit and an assisted living unit. We have excellent food. Each meal has a choice of three entrees, three vegetables, and three starches, a salad bar and a choice of dessert including a variety of ice creams. I am very much enjoying my stay here.

Caring72631650 November 28, 2013

I would recommend Westminster very highly. However, you had to buy your resident. There were duplex cottages for independent living and there were apartments for both independent and assisted living. I liked that it was a continuing care facility. Their prices were according to the plan that you would want to enter and how big your apartment or cottage would be.

caring4666 March 08, 2013

Westminster was a very friendly, beautiful community. They have both cottages as well as apartments. The staff is very friendly and confident. But I don't think this is the facility we would choose. The apartments were small, although the cottages were mostly attractive and livable. But the one that concerns us was that there were a lot of vacancies in the cottages.

caring0226213 March 08, 2013

Westminster is quite large. They have independent cottages that you can buy into or you can move into one of their apartments. The cottages were very appealing to us. It was very attractive and beautiful grounds. The staff was just as nice as they could be. They made you feel right at home.

From Westminster at Lake Ridge

Westminster at Lake Ridge offers the choice of both cottage and apartment living for adults age 62+ in a tranquil, wooded setting adjacent to the historic riverside Town of Occoquan just 30 minutes from Washington, D.C. Weekly housekeeping, dining, parking, transportation and life enriching programs are all included.

Residents enjoy the convenience of having healthcare on site, along with a fitness center with professionally trained personal trainers, a bank and ATM, gift shop, convenience store, fine dining prepared by a master chef with your choice of dining locations including, a café, private dining room and our main dining room, an indoor heated swimming pool, beauty and barber shop, massage therapist, billiards and game room, well stocked library, a computer center, woodworking shop, gardens, two ponds, trails, pickleball court and much more!

Don't worry about high utility bills, unexpected home repairs, mowing the lawn, shoveling the snow, or cleaning the gutters as all of this is taken care of for you. With onsite healthcare should you need it, Westminster offers welcome peace of mind.

Location of Westminster at Lake Ridge