White Sands La Jolla | Continuing Care Retirement Community

7450 Olivetas Ave, La Jolla, CA, 92037

Reviews of White Sands La Jolla | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Anonymous119198450 November 07, 2015

I like the exercise classes. We have an excellent 24-hour nurse. I had an injury while on a trip, and she treated me every day.

Caring104765550 April 07, 2015

They're in the process of trying to rehab an older building. It's a beautiful large place, and it's right on the beach. It was a hotel formerly. This is what they call a step down unit, so it has memory care and skilled nursing. The guy that took us around was rather indifferent. He just walked ahead of us. It was not as good a visit. I was not impressed with White Sands La Jolla, and there was a large upfront fee.

Henry18 January 30, 2015

There is only one place better than White Sands: Heaven!!

Cindy105315150 January 30, 2015

Each day, I receive excellent service from the top administration to the staff at the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, dining room, outside services (trips)...all that is done for me here at White Sands. The quality of work, assistance, time taken, and expertise is given with patience, a positive attitude, and love. I could not find a better, more friendly place anywhere else. My gratitude to all. God bless you.

Karol2 January 30, 2015

We live in paradise. It's not just a perfect location (on the beach) within walking to the Village of La Jolla, it is the people -- both residents and staff. We have FUN. So many interesting events and things to do. We love it. Our best decision.

Walker3 January 30, 2015

A beautiful ocean view location with a caring and attentive staff. There are lots of interesting trips and activities arranged by our extremely creative Activities Director -- theater, museums, symphonies, nature walks, etc. -- and an excellent transportation in-house. No car needed.

Patricia105314750 January 30, 2015

The outings planned, advertised, and conducted are excellent - both in the variety and the content. Thank you for the support and interest of the staff.

Stan and Liz January 23, 2015

We have been residents of White Sands now for a year. Being located on the Pacific Coast, it is like living at a Mediterranean resort. The services provided are excellent, the food offerings have caused me to gain a few pounds, but no excuse as White Sands has exercise classes and a well-outfitted gym.

Carmen14 January 21, 2015

White Sands is truly a haven for senior living. It has a wonderful, caring, attentive staff and friendly residents. It offers professional medical care, physical therapy, various activities, and entertainment on and off campus with dining overlooking the ocean. An added feature is its location close to town. Transportation is provided or you can walk to the scenic La Jolla beach

Joanne36 January 12, 2015

In independent living, I receive house cleaning every two weeks and trash and recycle pick up. Emergency attention and limo service in an atmosphere of ocean front charm. Both assisted living and full health care available.

Old Hippie January 12, 2015

Very pleased with quality of renovations to our unit before we moved in. The staff has been great in all ways possible -- helpful as can be. Plenty of day trips are available, and the ocean view is great. Food selection and quality has been appreciated and enjoyed. We've been quite pleased with our choice of White Sands.

amomamae July 28, 2012

When my siblings and I searched for the best assisted living for our then 92 year old mother, our main priority was a residence that exuded warmth and security within a family-oriented environment. We found this, and more, at White Sands of La Jolla, situated 20 minutes north of San Diego, California. Now five years later we have not been disappointed. White Sands' staff has been exceptionally helpful every step of the way. The nurses and CNAs have tirelessly provided the best personalized care imaginable. With three of us living out of state, White Sands administration has adapted to our particular needs throughout our extended visits, promptly contacting us in the event of any unusual circumstance. The entire staff is incredibly friendly and efficient, to the point we are on a first-name basis with everyone, including the kitchen servers, maintenance, and all the caregivers. It has been tremendously comforting for us as a family knowing that Mom's needs are being met and she is being cared for with the utmost respect and dignity. I highly recommend White Sands of La Jolla.

From White Sands La Jolla

Waking up each morning and taking a morning stroll along the coastline before joining friends for a round of golf at the Torrey Pine Golf Course or an outing to the Museum of Contemporary Art. End the day dining alfresco as you watch the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. For the residents of White Sands La Jolla, they don’t have to imagine this type of retirement: they are living it.

White Sands La Jolla is a proud member of be.group, a nonprofit organization that has been dedicated to providing quality living options and support services to California seniors since 1955.

Featured Amenities

It is not just the oceanfront location that makes our retirement community a one-of-a-kind destination; it is also the care we take to provide the best lifestyle possible. Whether you are seeking an intimate studio or an expansive two-bedroom apartment, we know you will find a floor plan that meets your requirements, such as having a full kitchen, an in-unit washer/dryer or a balcony with ocean views.

From our on-site arts studio and fitness center to the boutiques and golf courses located in La Jolla, you won’t have to wonder how to fill your day. Whether you want to join a group outing or simply explore on your own, you have the freedom to create the day of your choosing - even if it means lounging under a shady umbrella reading a book!

Available Services

Our community dining room features superb meals that are prepared fresh every day by our talented chefs. You have the flexibility of opting for a meal plan if you want to continue cooking at home or choosing to leave the meal preparation to us. You also don’t have to worry about housekeeping or driving, as we take over those responsibilities for you.

When you join White Sands La Jolla, you can rest assured knowing that your future health care needs will be met since our community can accommodate assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care. There is an on-site wellness center where you can meet with a nurse to discuss a health issue or receive a wellness checkup. We also provide a full range of programs and activities that will keep you mentally and physically active.

When oceanfront retirement living beckons, White Sands La Jolla is the perfect destination to retire in style.

Property Info
  • Only CCRC on the Beach on the West Coast
  • Pool Overlooking Pacific Ocean
Services
  • Nurse Availability: On Site 24/7
  • On-Site Medical Visits: Geriatric physician, Podiatrist, Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist
  • Diabetes Care

• Vegetarian

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Pool

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee

• 24 hour nurses: On Site 24/7