Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

Top Nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

February 15, 2016

By Elaine37

My sister is in Good Samaritan Society. To me, it's understaffed, and it's not on top of things over there. It's an aging complex. She hasn't participated, but there are a lot of programs over there. There are 30-to-40 clubs to join, but she's not been able to do any of that. There are four apartments in a row. She lives in an outside quad, and it's not been very easy for her because there is no street that comes in front of it or behind it. So for her to walk out to catch a bus or for visitors is very difficult. Even if you're having delivery of UPS or something, they can't just drive up to leave a package. For her, it's not conducive because she needs more assisted living. Those that are independent, it works OK, but not for her. The food is a good value. I've been to two of the dining-rooms. The café is definitely understaffed, but the food is decent; and the main dining room, the Heritage, is of very good value. It's a huge complex, which is enclosed. You have to come through a gate which gives it a lot more security which is good for the seniors. You can live in a mobile home there, in a home, in an apartment, or in a townhouse.

December 31, 2015

Good Samaritan Society was one of the places I visited. The staff of this community was good. Unfortunately, the community itself was not what I needed for my mom. I've eaten there a few times, and the food was good. The dining room was clean, too. I think the rooms were a little too small for for the residents. However, they had all kinds of activities, from swimming to shopping.

November 29, 2015

I visited the Good Samaritan. The representative that we spoke to was very helpful and showed us around. The facility seemed very nice, and the housing seemed very comfortable, very clean, and very well-organized. It is costly for someone on a limited income.

December 03, 2014

By Robert102523050

I was at Good Samaritan, and they took really good care of me. It was really great. The room was nice. It had a bed, a dresser, a kitchen table, chairs, and a big screen TV, and they cleaned it every day. They came in, changed the sheets, and mopped the floors everyday single day. The staff was the kindest people I had ever met. They had this caged in room outside, and it had different butterflies for the people. Every day they put new butterflies in there all year long. They had three dining areas, and the food was great. It was clean, and they would serve you the food. I don't think they should improve on anything. They should just leave it the way it was. What really impressed me the most were the people, the nurses, the doctors, and the staff. The staff alone was fantastic.

July 23, 2014

By Joanjordanwood

I was a resident exceptional care in every way

December 30, 2013

We used to live in Good Samaritan Village. It was a full-service continuum of care place and it had all the amenities. It was the largest employer of health care for seniors in the Country and they had like 250 centers around the country. My mother was there for 24 years and I lived with her for 10 years. I liked the setting the best because it had 435 acres of property, lakes, island, wild life and beautiful trees. I also liked the fact with a golf cart you could go where you want to. It was right adjacent to the public shopping plaza, which had a very nice grocery store. You could go through a private gate with your golf cart to go to the grocery store and come back. It was a great place for people, especially those who wanted independent living. It also had a golf course. It had an in-door and out-door swimming pool. It had planned activities like a bus that take to the grocery store or Walmart, Target or K-mart. The apartments were larger, but of course, there were different kinds. You could have mobile homes, apartments or luxury garden apartments with huge room. You could leave in the three or four-story building with very large room. They also had nursing home care, rehab and assisted living. We lived in the independent living, but we had friends with the other settings.

About Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee is a continuing care retirement community in Kissimmee, FL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee