Spring River Christian Village

201 S. Northpark Lane, Joplin, MO, 64801

Reviews of Spring River Christian Village

MedTech February 17, 2012

I visited this facility on several occasions as a durable medical equipment service technician. I was impressed by the overall quality of the facility. Most of the staff seemed friendly and willing to help. The rooms seemed well-appointed, and there was always someone nearby to ask for help. Also, the food always looked fresh and of good quality. As far as long-term care facilities are concerned, it's one of the best available in the Joplin area. However, I have heard horror stories, and I have seen the neglect first-hand. One day, I was servicing some equipment, and I heard a patient yelling for help for almost half an hour. She needed to use the restroom, so I told one of the staff members. The staff member ignored both the patient and me. I also heard stories and saw bruises from patients being dropped on their heads at this facility. One thing I know for certain: I will never allow a family member to be admitted into this or any other long-term care facility.

ess173 October 14, 2011

I visited the Spring River Christian Village on numerous occasions over this past summer to do volunteer work. The facility in general seemed clean in some places, and not so much in others. As well I witnessed several of the residents in the short-term or end of life unit, eemed to be all but abandoned some days. I have been to many many other facilities where this is not the kind of treatment they recieve. They are not overlooked and parked in a corner half of the day. They did seem to be well fed, but not as well fed as the one in other units who have the aility to get up and do things for themselves. Spring River is a great place to volunteer but I would never put my family members here. They are in need of much improvement in too many areas.

About Spring River Christian Village

Spring River Christian Village is a continuing care retirement community in Joplin, MO that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Spring River Christian Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Spring River Christian Village