Westminster Woods on Julington Creek Continuing Care Retirement Community

25 State Rd. 13, Jacksonville, FL, 32259

Top Nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Westminster Woods on Julington Creek | Continuing Care Retirement Community

November 06, 2013

Westminster Woods was located near the marina that we go to. It was an older place and I didn't feel as happy when I was walking around there. It was more sad and not as upbeat as some of the other places. Their apartments were nice and spacious. Their residents that we met were also nice, but it's too much money for what they have there, I think. The staff was just okay. Their activities were okay but they weren't that spectacular. However, I like that this facility had a beautiful view of the river. You can sit out and walk around along the side and it was pretty over there. They have benches, which was nice especially for somebody wanting to live on the water. However, they could improve on their sales and marketing staff. They were a little harder to get to. We were waiting for awhile for somebody to call us back and make an appointment. I believe they weren't trying hard enough to get people to come there. I would probably not recommend this community.

June 13, 2013

I visited Westminster Woods last month and the facility ended up being the one that interested me the most. I am satisfied with what I saw. The apartments seemed okay. It's a spacious. The kitchen was really good. The environment seemed to be a very friendly place. The residents there started treating like family and I thought that was important. They seemed to have a lot of activities like bingo and card games. The staff seemed to be very friendly and helpful. I ate there a couple of times and I am okay with the food. The entrance fee is a little more reasonable than many of the other places.

January 30, 2013

By Carl 3

We liked Westminster Woods. It's a very nice facility and I guess it's one of the better ones. They had some small houses and they had a high-rise. I think it is one of the facilities that we would look back at.

April 14, 2012

By dshafer93

Recently my grandfather was put into assisted living, a separate hall from where he used to live. His caretaker is always right down the hall just the press of a button away. If he needs anything from CPR to a spoon the nurses always come running. Everyone seems to care about the wellbeing of the residents, even the wait staff at the dining hall. Having this campus on a lake not only boosts the looks of the place but it is also a very good place for relaxing and recuperating. Also, some staff take a few residents at a time on a pontoon boat ride on the St. Johns river. The fresh air really boosts spirits as I've seen. In addition, the food in the dining hall is very well prepared the kitchen always makes it a point to make sure everyone has the right diet whether that be without salt or without gluten. All things included this is an incredible facility with an incredible staff and management.

December 13, 2011

By Ruby11

Westminister Woods was a pretty nice place to visit. The staff was very pleasant and kind, they were very helpful and appeared to be very genuine. The facility was a very nice size, it was clean and well maintained. The cafeteria was also nice, very spacious. I like how they offer the nursing home facility and also an assisted living home as well for those who can function a lot more on their own without much help. You can tell that the residents there are able to make it their home by personalizing their rooms. It was reassuring to know also that they have alarms or some type of security feature on the wheelchairs of their residents to maintain their safety and to ensure that no one goes astray. A big concern for me concerning some facilities is whether it is easy for the residents to leave, this can be very dangerous is you have a loved one with Alzheimer's disease. Another plus is that the residents have a salon or a place to get their hair done if they want. Overall it was a nice facility.

About Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

Westminster Woods on Julington Creek is a continuing care retirement community in Jacksonville, FL that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Westminster Woods on Julington Creek for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Westminster Woods on Julington Creek