The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens

7077 N. West Avenue, Suite 101, Fresno, CA, 93711

Reviews of The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens

Linda57801150 January 31, 2014

So far my dad is pretty satisfied at The Terraces. This place is a better fit for him because it's smaller. He can go outside and walk around. It's a very nice place. We chose this because some people recommended it to us, and also because it has a rehab hospital and it's in the neighborhood. For accommodation, my dad has two rooms that are adjoined. He has a sitting room and a bedroom. The facility has a working Jacuzzi and it's really nice. They also have a pool. They have a restaurant with a menu and the food is really good. My dad has only been there for a couple of months, but it seems like he's happy. The staff is really caring and thoughtful. My dad likes them a lot. This facility seems to have fewer residents so that the staff is able to spend more time with them. They have been really great. Because I live in Virginia and this facility is in California, they once patched me on a three-way call with the rehab doctor. They had been really good about that.

John Doe2 December 22, 2012

Both of my grandparents are at this senior community, so I have been there quite often to see them. Out of my many visits there, I have had a very positive experience with the facility. The staff there is very kind, and always willing to assist everyone. The facility itself is very well kept and clean, both inside the buildings and outside. The facility itself is very nearby my home, so that is also a big plus, since I am able to arrive there after a very short drive. The enviorment is a very relaxing place, the services such as foods and activities are very well done and make everyone there happy. I found the food there to be very good, which is a big plus. All in all, this specific facility is a very welcoming and kind place to stay, and I am very happy that my grandparents are well taken care of.

cbaldwinjr December 21, 2012

Where do I start? I wish I could've moved in to this place? It is amazingly kept up, there are great amenities and it is in a highly convenient area in Fresno. Truthfully, my friend's grandmother is probably in a position that she could reasonably keep after herself, but being a widow and having lost a couple of friends, I think it is better for her to be with other able bodied seniors who are enjoying their lives. The place is called The Terraces for a good reason: All of the second story rooms have balconies that allow people to go out and get a view of the grounds from. There are beautiful landscaped areas to walk and picnic in, the housekeeping is so quiet and unassuming, you barely notice them being there. And yes, it is not a put on...the people are tremendously courteous and friendly. Not to mention good at what they do! There were four dining areas, a fitness center, a pool, a postal area for mail, a barber/beautyshop, and even a gift shop. All bases were covered. Something like this would be ideal for my own grandmother when her time is right. So again, I couldn't give a more glowing review to this location.

AmiR4663 December 08, 2011

This is an impressive retirement community that offers assisted living and skilled nursing and has been undergoing a complete revitalization. I had to go to a sales office to get a tour and that was a pain to locate. However, I was very impressed with what they are planning. The campus will have a huge park and will be completed gated upon completion. There will be dining venues, library, creative arts center, performance hall, beauty/barber salons, and a choice of individual apartments or assisted living. They have won an award for their project which will be state of the art when completed. The catch is that they require a large deposit (starting at $100,000 to over $400,000) which is used to pay for services if the resident outlives their income. Whatever money is left when the resident dies will go back to the family. The model kitchen I was shown had granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. This facility will offer some of the best housing available for mom and dad (if they have money). Highly recommended.

About The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens

The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens is a continuing care retirement community in Fresno, CA that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens