The Oaks at Denville, A Springpoint Community

19 Pocono Road, Denville, NJ, 07834

Reviews of The Oaks at Denville, A Springpoint Community

Average Rating:

Caring87508150 June 26, 2014

I liked Franciscan Oaks as soon as I saw it. If I had to go to someplace, that's where. I could obtain all meals every day. However, it was mainly senior living. They had a lot of things to do, I just don't know them specifically. They arrange to take you to shows and symphonies, to Peppermill and to Broadway if you want. I saw two different suites, and they were large in area. I have recommended them to other people.

Child of resident May 14, 2014

My Mother really loved Franciscan Oaks prior to moving in, however her experience has gone downhill since she moved there. While some of the staff is truly wonderful, some of the staff has treated my mother badly and is uncaring. The food was wonderful in the independent living area, but is some of the worst institutional food available when they get moved to the health center. There is a reason that they have 25% of their independent living area unrented. They need to be looking inward and improve the lives of their residents. The place seemed nice until my mother needed more care.

Arroyo March 13, 2014

I have found the administration of the facility to be uncaring and dismissive. It is infuriating to try to get information from them. It has been a terrible experience dealing with them as my loved one's health declines.

Marbalina October 01, 2013

When people visit Franciscan Oaks in Denville nobody thinks that one day they will need skilled nursing (The Health Center). Big big disappointment is waiting for you there. Over the years I have seen so many changes and far from good. Residents used to have separate rooms to visit with their families, have a private time. Now those rooms are offices. On the second floor residents used to have private spacious rooms, dinning room. Now they have to eat in the activity room because dinning room became a rehabilitation room. And now those nice private rooms, people from anywhere can use. What used to be for Franciscan Oaks residents -no more. Most of employes who have worked there for many years and cared about their residents got fired. The administration changes every few months. And nobody cares.So think about it. Do you really want to move into Franciscan Oaks in Denville?

Maryjane2 August 27, 2013

My husband and I have already found a place but we haven't moved in yet. This is Franciscan Oaks. It is a very cheerful place. It is very nice. The halls are spacious. Their rooms are spacious. I'm looking forward to going in there.

Amy4 December 12, 2012

They have a lot of activities for the people that live there. My mom recently passed away, and I find my dad is taking advantage of some stuff...but he could do a lot more. I wish they would give him a nudge to do more. The people that work there are very caring and thoughtful. There are many opportunities to get help that i didnt realize until my mom died. A caretaker can come for as little as 15 min. a day...and help with little things. For a fee they will sort medication and even order refills. There are movies and music during the week after dinner.

From The Oaks at Denville, A Springpoint Community

When you choose a full-service senior living community, you have the best of all worlds—care-free living, independence whenever you desire, along with the companionship of community life. Here at The Oaks at Denville, you’ll be embraced by a warm and caring community that's close to everything you love about Denville—your favorite shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. Replace your “must-do” list with a “would-love-to-do” list. You’ll no longer have to worry about things like safety and security, yard and home maintenance, monthly bill paying for many of your living expenses or housekeeping chores. Enjoy all the conveniences available to you under one roof. Our on-site healthcare services are accessible night and day. Leave the work and worry to us and spend your time doing what you desire with people you enjoy.

Do you prefer a cozy studio? Or perhaps a detailed one-bedroom or spacious two-bedroom apartment? With 18 different floor plans to choose from, your living space is made to fit you perfectly. Numerous upgrades are available and each apartment features a full kitchen, walk-in closets and weekly housekeeping with all the basics (like cable television) included.

The Oaks at Denville is now a Springpoint Community. Backed by a century-old tradition of excellence, Springpoint Senior Living is New Jersey’s leading and most trusted provider of senior housing and care. As a non-profit organization, we can bring you the highest quality in staffing, dining, activities, healthcare and more. Springpoint communities repeatedly earn superior scores from state and federal agencies. Your future is in good hands at The Oaks at Denville.

A second family is how our residents describe The Oaks at Denville. Relish a life full of culture and camaraderie. Our thriving events calendar means there’s always something interesting happening. There’s entertainment every night, exercise classes, discussion groups and plenty of volunteer opportunities. Whatever your interests might be—choral singing, woodworking, participating in a book or foreign language club, card games, Tai Chi, yoga, dancing—we have it here.

Features of The Oaks at Denville, A Springpoint Community

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: 60A002

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Entry fee amount: Lowest "Lifecare" CCRC Entrance Fee: 135,000

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Oaks at Denville, A Springpoint Community