Henry Ford Village

15101 Ford Road, Dearborn, MI, 48126

Reviews of Henry Ford Village

Marilyn115529050 December 30, 2015

Henry Ford Village was one of the top places I’ve toured in terms of amenities and dining. They have a bank on the premises, a beauty parlor, a store, and a recording studio. They have an underground hallway to get you from one building to another. I ate there on two different occasions and the food was excellent. They have three different dining rooms and a regulation-size swimming pool. The staff couldn’t have been more excellent in their treatment of the residents. The residents at the independent living facility are the ones making the decisions about what activities they want to do. I checked out two different kinds of rooms that were very well designed. The staff was very open with me and gave me the costs of joining their community and a continuum care contract.

screener September 05, 2015

This is the worst rehab facility I have ever been in. It is dirty, the nurses and staff are unkempt and untrained, or if they are trained, they ignore their training. My poor father suffered a stroke and was placed here to get well. He only got worse. He would literally wait for hours when signaling with his light that he needed help. Often, he needed to use the restroom and ended up having an accident simply because the nurses refused to respond. The floors are filthy. When you walk through the activity room or dining room, your shoes stick to the floor. Even the outside of the rehab building is a mess. Bird droppings are everywhere, especially near the benches where residents and visitors sit. Yard debris is left unswept, flowers are not watered. I don't know how they stay licensed, let alone in business. DO NOT place your loved one here. You will regret it.

cdw March 20, 2015

parent was in rehab in decenber. the nursing staff need reminding of senior care.some had non professinal atitudes. with the exception of malcom who was helpful and kind.

Caring102883550 February 25, 2015

Henry Ford Village Inc. was very fancy, and you grow into it; you buy a place, and as you get older and have needs, they have various programs that you can get various types of help. You can move in there and be absolutely just retired, but you can buy other services as you need them. It was very expensive and very lovely. It was a bedroom, living room, very small kitchen, and a bathroom, and it was very well appointed. They have lovely furniture, and they have room too. If you want to bring some of your lovely things, you can bring them. It was very lovely, and I have nothing negative to say about it. They have thousands of activities if you want to do them. You can take one, two, or three meals a day in another building. It was all very genteel.

Asaltahif October 27, 2014

Hello, my mother stayed here after suffering a stroke for rehab. This place is horrible. The night care and a lot of the nurses in the rehab building really need to get training in care of patients. These are older fragile people(mothers,fathers,grandparents) not prisoners. Nurses have heavy attitudes when asked something. The bed side care is horrible. Very very inexperienced for the regards of patient care. Very disappointed with this place.

Tim21 August 21, 2014

Henry Ford is close to our house. My grandmother is in a shared room, but it's clean. The attitude of the staff seemed to be okay. The dining area is okay. My grandmother seemed happy there.

LovelyLady0000004 July 19, 2014

We placed my mother in Henry Ford Village. We chose this community because she has some friends there. The best thing about the community is the proximity to my mother's own neighborhood and the people that she was close to in the area. With regards to the staff and the services, it depends on the person; some are very good, and some are just OK. The rooms are nice and clean. The food in the independent living area is better than the food in the assisted living area.

Karen74322450 March 28, 2014

My grandmother lives in Henry Ford. She has been there for 20 years now. They have all three levels of care ? senior living, assisted living, and skilled care. It is all self-contained, so without going outside, she could be in the doctor's office and then assisted living and then the nursing home. She never has to leave the compound. This place is safe. It is also pleasant, attractive, and clean. They have beautiful grounds. The facility's sanitation is very nice. My grandmother is in a senior living apartment, and someone comes in and cleans her place every month. If I call, they will go and check on her, and that's very nice. They have plenty of activities; however, she doesn't want to participate. Also, the food there is excellent.

blenhardt January 21, 2014

Beware of problems getting your deposit back, my mother has been waiting 3 years.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would be happy to discuss your concerns offline. Please call me at your convenience at (313)-584-1000 to discuss further.

Bruce Blalock, Executive Director for Henry Ford Village

Caring5106 December 31, 2013

Henry Ford Village was excellent. The staff was competent and courteous. My friend who resides there is very satisfied. They have about three or four restaurants and the food is excellent. They have everything there.

Mary Suzanne March 21, 2012

Many activities are available, along with friendly residents and staff. On-site clinic, bank, chapel, store and pool.

About Henry Ford Village

Henry Ford Village is a continuing care retirement community in Dearborn, MI that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Henry Ford Village for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Henry Ford Village