Highland Springs | Continuing Care Retirement Community

8000 Frankford Road, Dallas, TX, 75252

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Highland Springs | Continuing Care Retirement Community

A Caring Lady November 29, 2015

The staff at Highland Springs was very nice, but the two-bedroom assisted living place was too expensive. The room was clean and kind of spacious but not as big as the one we have now. It had good food. We didn’t want to have to deal with a buy-in that our kids would have to deal with it after we’re gone. They could be more competitive in their pricing.

Caring110879250 July 21, 2015

When I went to Highland Springs the first time, what I thought was going to be a one-level situation in fact gets built upon, so it was four stories and has been dashed up so much since I was there that I was not very happy with it. They were very nice, and I know that in the long-run that is very important.

Caring106549650 February 23, 2015

I liked Highland Springs. It won’t work for my mom because she has dementia, but if she didn’t have the dementia, it would have worked quite well. It’s a very nice place for independent living. They are to set you up with a group of friends right away once she has moved in.

They have lots of activities that are going on. They take you whatever grocery store you want to go to. They have various religions there, and they get together whatever religion you are; they gather a couple of times a month. They had many groups, and when I was there I saw about 50 groups -- some gardening group, book club, poetry club, cosmetology, Math, and architecture.

Caring101723150 February 10, 2015

I was looking for a rehab facility for my mother after she had a fall. It was part of a skilled nursing, and it was a short term with the idea that she will be going home. I didn't feel that Highland Springs was doing enough for her; that's why she was moved. But part of it was my mother's situation. For a long time because of the fever, she was not able to do adequate rehab, so it took longer. But I felt there was a better ways to do things in talking with several of the caregivers so we moved her. She had a private room that looked homey. Aside from the hospital type bed, they have a table and chair. They have covering for the windows and wooden furniture for the dresser. The food is actually very good. They have activities for the residents like movie night and game nights. They have people that come in like students from the local school. There was quite a bit offered.

Caring92374150 August 30, 2014

I have a very close friend who was sick a while back and she's at Highland Springs. The environment is beautiful. The food is good. They have activities and she participates in educational things mostly. She also plays cards. They have Church services. They have a priest come in for the Catholics and then, they usually have one for the basic denomination. I think that's good. The have a beautiful pool. Everything is top-notch.

However, I didn't like that place because she needs more assistance that what she has from them. You don't feel the care, the empathy and I think they need to give more personal attention to people. They are quite expensive. She didn't have a fair deal as far as moving in to an older unit. I just didn't appreciate that for her. There's a problem with their parking space also, because there are a lot of people are not able to drive their cars, but they are still have their cars in the underground parking and there are people who are able to drive but they can't have underground parking.

Marsha13 February 28, 2014

I found Highland Springs eight months ago for my mother. I found this on my own accord and I'm very pleased with it. It is extremely clean and neat. I like best the quality of their care. It is very caring and very giving. The staff's work ethic is exceptional. The food is very good. The service is very good. I'm very happy about this facility and my mother is happy over there as well.

Caring67184450 January 31, 2014

Highland Springs was one of the two facilities that we really like. Their assisted living and memory care facilities were not in the main building; they were separate. The environment and their working staff were very nice. We like it a lot. We spent a night there. We did have dinner and the food was excellent. My only comment was that, I thought we had reservations for 6 p.m. but it was close to 7 by the time we got in. I thought that was a little extended wait. Also there seemed to be an awful lot of people waiting at that time.

Caring72105650 October 11, 2013

Me and my husband already chose Highland Springs, but we haven't moved in yet. The facility not only has assisted living but it also has independent living and memory care, and we will start with independent. They have nice and bigger apartments with lots of choices. They are cheaper compared to the ones we looked at. The staff are very helpful. They would do anything for us to get us move there.

They have many activities. They have green house, they have an exercise room, they also have a pool for exercise and for swimming. They have 30 different organizations that you can belong to. They have two doctors and a podiatrist on site. Definitely, I would recommend it.

About Highland Springs

Highland Springs is a continuing care retirement community in Dallas, TX that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Highland Springs for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Highland Springs