Tryon Estates at Columbus

617 Laurel Lake Drive, Columbus, NC, 28722

Reviews of Tryon Estates at Columbus

carolbookwoman February 13, 2013

Tryon Estates is a GODSEND. My parents moved there nearly 12 years ago--into an independent, two-bedroom/two-bathroom apartment. A year ago, my dad had to move my mother (who has Alzheimer's disease) into the memory-care unit. This was an incredibly difficult decision, and it has been a very hard year emotionally. The saving grace is the Tryon Estates STAFF. Every single employee there is phenomenal--and there is almost NO turnover! The unparalleled kindness that the employees show to the residents is the number one reason that I'm thrilled my parents are there. But there are others, too: TE is located in an exceptionally beautiful part of the country, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. All of the graduated levels of care (independent living, assisted living, medical, and memory care) are under one roof, which means that my mother is really just a long walk down the hall from my dad. He doesn't have to go out in bad weather and drive to another location to see her. The activities director & her assistant (my mother's personal angel!) for the memory care and medical units do everything possible to enrich the patients' daily lives and to maintain relationships with their families (I am able to video chat with Mom via Skype!). The Tryon Estates Resident Services Director, a longtime staff member, does an outstanding job. Despite nearly constant interruptions from the residents, she always has a smile and kind words for them and also somehow manages to coordinate a wide range of events, outings, activities, and communications. I could go on and on about Tryon Estates and how fabulous it is, but I'll just say this: You won't be sorry if you move in there. You'll be very happy, as well as relieved that you'll be cared for lovingly for the rest of your life. And you'll be giving your children an incredible gift: that of knowing that you're in very, very good hands.

Kier November 28, 2012

Tryon Estates is nice. My uncle lives there. They have walking areas, they have their own garage, and they get three meals a day. He stayed in an apartment with 2 or 3 bedroom. It's expensive though.

jmm2012 October 13, 2012

This retirement home was wonderful. From the moment we stepped inside it was evident that they cared for their residents and took their job seriously. The ambiance is wonderful and the staff all seem so friendly and eager to help. The thought of an establishment such as this often bring negative feelings but none occurred here. The staff are obviously trained in taking care of residents and their families. The rooms that the residents are given are more than accommodating. They are spacious and kept extremely clean. The dining room that the residents have access to is decorated beautifully and somewhat fancy. They have the opportunity to receive breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room. This means that residents can choose not to cook for themselves and instead enjoy their meals prepared for them. It is upsetting but my grandfather lives in another state and he decided he did not want to move. It is unfortunate that he could not live at a place as wonderful as this.

About Tryon Estates at Columbus

Tryon Estates at Columbus is a continuing care retirement community in Columbus, NC that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Tryon Estates at Columbus for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Location of Tryon Estates at Columbus