Freedom Village at Brandywine | Continuing Care Retirement Community

15 Freedom Blvd., Coatesville, PA, 19320

Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Reviews of Freedom Village at Brandywine | Continuing Care Retirement Community

Caring61174750 June 30, 2014

Freedom Village at Brandywine is just off Route 30. It’s very easy for me to get to, but it's about a half hour away from where my kids live. It was a fairly new construction, well laid out, and had a lot of activities. I need to do things. I can go do aerobic exercises and swimming and things like that there. I try to stay active, so I was introduced to some of the instructors in those areas. We had lunch with the yoga instructor. Yoga is a big thing these days. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and very open. At that point, my mother was still alive, and I was thinking that if I moved there I would need a second bedroom for her. I wanted a two-bedroom. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that there were no free-standing cottages. I would like that, seeing as I have animals, and it’s a lot easier to kick a dog out the patio door than it is to run to the elevator. Freedom Village seemed to be pet friendly. They didn’t blink an eye when I said I had two cats and a medium-sized dog, and I know that I saw people walking dogs when I was there. I would be perfectly happy to voice my recommendation for people who are looking in that area. I was very impressed. I loved it. I was very pleased.

Caring76590750 January 18, 2014

I only met one staff member at Freedom Village and I thought she was awful. I felt very uncomfortable because she sort of made me feel a little inferior just because we couldn't afford this place. They should be able to show their facility to anybody whether they can afford it or not. I didn't feel very welcome there at all. It was also under construction and they're redoing the whole main area. I didn't see any of the rooms. I went to the dementia unit very quickly because they just made me feel uncomfortable. It automatically made you feel like, if they're like this to me, then how is the rest of the staff to the patients that are in the dementia unit. I wasn't happy with that at all. I think they could have just been nicer to me. Whether or not they could help me, they should have been more cordial and helpful.

We are very sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable while visiting Freedom Village at Brandywine. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions for all the places those families want life to go. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to help you. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Linda68802050 November 28, 2013

I found Freedom Village to be really good. They had excellent service. Their rooms had good settings, clean and spacious. They had a community room and their activities were also really good. They had transportation that took them to stores or wherever the residents needed to go. However, my income didn't meet their standards.

Mary71274650 October 04, 2013

Everybody at Freedom Village at Brandywine were nice and I was comfortable there. The rooms were spacious and there were activities like exercise classes. However, the buy-in was too big for me.

Donald C. August 27, 2013

We visited Freedom Village and we're considering this place. They are a lifetime care facility. They have a little different program though. We thought that they were very good. This community was built a long time ago and they were not as modern as the other we visited. It was also less expensive and I was impressed with the facility. The tour in general was very good.

Eli 1 April 09, 2013

We're very impressed with Freedom Village. The residents there seem all very happy with the place. The staff is very helpful and very friendly. However, it's a little bit far out of town and far away from where we normally attend church.

four June 24, 2011

The living conditions all seemed very nice. and the facility was very clean all throughout with a nice lot of property. This facility had a nice sense of community throughout the building. All of the employees were friendly and helpful. However, the cafeteria seemed a little dated and could probably use a quick renovation. The building has a therapy dog, a small beagle, that is adorable and really adds to that sense of home these facilities attempt to achieve. The location isn't perfect, the area being less nice than surrounding cities, but they make up for it with their personal property.

From Freedom Village at Brandywine

Freedom Village at Brandywine provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Coatesville, PA community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Freedom Village at Brandywine can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimun Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimun Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimun Life®, the mission of Freedom Village at Brandywine is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Coatesville, PA community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Freedom Village at Brandywine

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Multiple dining venues, wood working shop, billiards hall, bocce ball court, putting green, auditorium for live performances, indoor walking track, meditation room, W/D in apt.

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
  • Dining extra: Room service available. All independent living accomodations have full kitchens. Flexible meal options in independent living.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Yes

• Financial guidance extra: Home Sale Program. Can pay higher entrance fee for lower monthly fee.
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Freedom Village at Brandywine