Southminster

8919 Park Road, Charlotte, NC, 28210

Reviews of Southminster

April 07, 2015

I visited a friend at Southminster. I had lunch with her, and she had a gorgeous apartment. The food was really good. We just went to the little cafe. I also had dinner there in the dining room with another friend, and it was nice. The apartments were very nice, but she didn't stay there long because she was displeased, and I was not sure I understood why, but she said she had to pay an arm and a leg to live there. Then they were always after her about more money for something. You know, when you were a senior citizen, you were on a fixed income, and you had to figure out your budget and all. So, in these facilities, once you got in, you pay for your place and all, then they would come to you and always wanting more money; that was not good. One of my friends who also moved there had kind of a duplex, and I thought that was really nice, but they were older people and to go to the cafeteria, they had to go out and walk over to that building or drive their car, and I would not like that. However, I was impressed because I thought the apartment was beautiful, and the entrance was nice.

December 24, 2013

By Greg8

Southminster seems to be probably the place where I would end up. However, it is definitely outside our price point. The facility itself is beautiful and absolutely clean. They have everything in there. They even have a church in there and it is pretty. They even have a hospice wing. They have independent and assisted living also. Their rooms were beautiful. The staff was very professional. Overall it is just a nice place.

June 16, 2011

By Patrick F.

Other

After mom was expelled from Charlotte Square for being outside of their stated level of care, I had to move mom to a facility that could accommodate her condition of having dementia, diabetes and a broken arm. Southminster accepted her. Mom entered the critical care unit. Southminster is a continuing care community. As such, there is independent living, assisted living, critical care and an Alzheimer's unit. Care was superb at Southminster. When mom's arm healed, she was transferred to the Alzheimer's unit. This was a very good fit for her because there were many activities for memory impaired patients that seemed to benefit her greatly and kept her sitting up, engaged and not just lying in bed. Southminster is not-for-profit and does not accept medicare and the monthly rent is exorbitant. For those who can afford it, Southminster is a wonderful facility.

About Southminster

Southminster is a continuing care retirement community in Charlotte, NC that offers housing options for currently healthy people who want to secure their healthcare plan throughout the aging process. Contact Southminster for more details on CCRC housing and rates.

Map of Southminster