Top nearby Continuing Care Retirement Communities:

Reviews of Plantation Estates

Posted by Caring104743650 April 07, 2015

I visited a friend at Plantation Estates. I was very impressed. It was clean, bright, and light. She had a nice apartment. I had lunch with her there, and the food was good. I also had dinner with her there once or twice, and I was impressed about that. It was like you were in a restaurant, and you could order. They had like 3 or 4 entrees, and you could order the different types of food you wanted for appetizers or dessert. That was really nice and special. You felt special because they waited on you, and the food was delicious.

My friend participated in line dancing. She took me around, and they had an exercise room. She showed me the pool. There was a bulletin board that had different activities for different days. They had day trips. One of the things that was impressive to me was she got sick, and she didn't have to leave her apartment; she went down to what they called medical, she stayed there till she was better, and then she went back to her apartment, which meant she did have to go outside the facility.

I met the staff in the hall, but I always noticed that they knew her by name, they spoke to her, I thought that they were up on that, and she's been out there for a long time. They were very friendly. The only problem I had was that they were too expensive.

Posted by Emma14 February 04, 2015
4.0

Everything is great here in Plantation Estates. I wish we signed up to live here, but now that my husband had a couple of strokes, I'm not sure we could get in. The rooms are nice. They have a good size, and it is a pleasant place. They have a lot of activities, and they have a little bus to take you where you want to go. The dining room is nice, bright, and airy. The food is excellent as well. It is a very nice place.

Posted by caring9768 December 09, 2014

We thought Plantation Estates was a nice place. It was very well organized. There was a presentation of the offerings that they had, and they were planning an expansion. So they were trying to attract new people who were interested in getting on the waiting list to go on a tour of the building in expansion. I think that they would not yet start building for several more months. We do have the information from them that we can go back to ask futher questions and talk to them more about the financial aspects and what may be available in the apartments. Plantation Estates offers an extensive contract to give you lifetime care without increasing your fees. They seemed to have a lot of community spirit where the residents were participating in all of the tours, and they went out a lot.

Posted by Barbara82966750 July 30, 2014

I stayed with my aunt at Plantation Estates. They're a little bit more like a residential neighborhood. The dining halls are all the same, and the chef prepares excellent meals. The apartments are a little bit smaller, but their buildings are gorgeous. They're all brick buildings.

It's been there for a little while. It looks brand new. Everything is completely taken care of well. I have to say that it does look like a southern estate. That's just so beautiful. Everything was perfectly clean.

Posted by Caring74381850 November 28, 2013

Plantation Estates was the one we liked. It was near where my daughter lived. It was a large community with 400 or 500 residents. The outperformed some of the other place and we had a good feeling on that place. They had all kind of sizes of apartments from small and the large ones. We had lunch and the food was good. Several residents came and talked about what it was like living there. They seemed to have a lot of programs. They had a pool and exercise room and they got programs to go with it. One the things that they organized, was a trip to New Zealand and Australia for a vacation. The disadvantage was that they had a long waiting list and it was expensive.

Posted by Caring67886850 August 26, 2013

I've visited the Plantation Estates, but it wasn't an option for me only because it was too expensive. It's a much larger facility and they have more choices; they have more classes that are available. They have a clinic with doctors and nurses on board. The staff was very nice and I have no complaints. If I could afford it, that's where I'd be living.

Posted by Patti7 August 25, 2013

My relative will be going into Plantation Estates. She will enter as independent living but she will have assisted and skilled nursing when she needs them. I like the fact that it is also close to where she lives and that she will be able to navigate that part of the city. Their staff is extraordinary. With regards to activities, they have everything that you can imagine. Their apartments could be larger though.

Posted by Honeyws September 30, 2011
4.0

Plantation Estates is a great assisted living facility. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. While I was there I had breakfast in the cafe which was mostly self serve. Lunch was in the cafe but it was cafeteria style. Dinner was in the dining room and there was formal settings. The waitstaff was very nice. The tour of the kitchen revealed a clean organized fully stocked kitchen. There was plenty of medical staff on hand and there was a specific medical wing where those who require more intensive car could live. The individual units were clean and well kept. There is security staff that controls entrance to the facility. The grounds are well kept with sidewalks and many outdoor activities. The grounds are surrounded by trees, secluded and quiet. They are also very scenic. Pets are permitted. Overall I was very impressed with Plantation Estates. This is an excellent retirement community for a reasonable price.

Location of Plantation Estates