Charlestown | Continuing Care Retirement Community

715 Maiden Choice Lane, Catonsville, MD, 21228

Reviews of Charlestown | Continuing Care Retirement Community

cbefacchia September 09, 2014

My parents live at Charlestown in the assisted living facility. Overall the facility is acceptable. There have been many issues with their staff communication. Also, the activities department is not including my mother in any activities whatsoever. I have asked the staff hundreds of times to have my mother involved in daily activities, but they refuse.

Lexi Cucina December 22, 2012

This was a very nice looking facility. The first thing I noticed was the wonderful view, it was somewhat on a hill so you could see all the lights of the city, which I enjoyed. The units on the first floor had small patios which I thought was also nice. Once inside I saw that every unit had it's own little shelf outside the door which was great to for putting decorations on for the holidays, or setting pictures on, this made it look less like a hotel and more like homes. The unit I went into was nice, though the area where you would put your bed (there was no door, so it was not a bedroom) was somewhat small, but the bathroom was a beautiful and a decent size! I was looking at a map of the whole facility and noticed every residential building in the whole community was connected, which I thought was very useful, especially in the winter because most of the residents have motorized scooters. I was impressed with the size of this facility, and loved that there was a walking trail, baseball court, and a garden! I heard the price of the units was high, especially since you are buying them, but it seemed like a nice, clean place with a lot of activities individuals or visiting families could enjoy.

bigpund January 17, 2012

Overall this is a really nice facility. There are tons of amenities and options for the residents to take part in including swimming pools, tv rooms, library's, game rooms, and more. The facility has always been well maintained very well every time I have been there. In addition, there is a bus service offered which has a regular route that you can ride to go to different stores and get out of your apartment if you do not drive anymore. The staff has been nice and helpful for the most part. My grandmother was moved into the assisted living area and there have been a number of issues including the staff not providing medications when they were supposed to or at all, not monitoring her activities like they were supposed to, and not knowing where she was. In other instances when she has had health problems, the staff have been attentive and responsive - calling an ambulance, providing transportation to the hospital, and more.

From Charlestown

Charlestown is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 110 picturesque acres in Catonsville, Maryland, Charlestown is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Charlestown offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our four spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including our Historic Lady of the Angels Chapel, a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a resident-run television studio and performing arts center. Not to mention banks and 24-hour ATMs, a beauty salon and barber shop, convenience stores and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Charlestown also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Location of Charlestown